Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just received the bill for them replacing my Diaphragm in my BG Regulator. After shipping it ended up being almost 70 bucks, not counting my shipping cost to them!!!:mad: Asked for a spare and they said NO, I have to ship it back in. Kind of rediculous in my eyes!! Had to vent a little!!

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
We've had terrible luck having our BG 400 pumps and regulators serviced by Barry. The customer service has been non-existent. Quick Fuel is the only way to go!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick fuel uh?? Well if this is going to happen again, which in time it will, I may swap. I'm not impressed much either with customer service. On ebay I found a guy that sold a rebuild kit for the BG 400-2. Works well so far!!

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
No chance in hell I will use bg stuff anymore. Very poor service and in my mind they are an old news company that has not moved ahead in a while.

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Quick fuel uh?? Well if this is going to happen again, which in time it will, I may swap. I'm not impressed much either with customer service. On ebay I found a guy that sold a rebuild kit for the BG 400-2. Works well so far!!
Yep. I think the guy who runs Quick Fuel used to work for Barry Grant but left and started his own deal. They're in Bowling Green, KY which is great for us in southern Illinois. We have 4 of their Pro-Series 4500 Dominator carburetors and couldn't be happier! Sweet pieces to look at too.

Quick Fuel Technology

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yah fuk Barry grant, your shits out dated, and once all my bg stuff takes a shit it's goin in the trash.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Magnaflow

I'm on board with the BG rap. When I was researching my current fuel setup, I called them and they were no help at all. They just wanted to sell parts, and wouldn't discuss their attributes compared to other products. Kind of snooty.

Magnaflow, on the other hand, was very helpful. They also make first rate products. I wish they could get away from the funky purple and blue anodizing, but their stuff has not let me down.

·
CarbGuy
80 Posts
Yep. I think the guy who runs Quick Fuel used to work for Barry Grant but left and started his own deal. They're in Bowling Green, KY which is great for us in southern Illinois. We have 4 of their Pro-Series 4500 Dominator carburetors and couldn't be happier! Sweet pieces to look at too.

Quick Fuel Technology

Actually the two owners of QFT worked for Holley for 20+ years each before forming their own company...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts