Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
This Boat is a Steal !!!!! Couldn't come close to building this Boat for what he is asking for it. No flaws !!!!:))THumbsUp
Such a steal that it's been for sale for 2 years now?

It's burried in the for sale section somewhere.

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Does anyone have any history on the Biesmeyer.I went and checked it out yesterday.From what I can see,the boat is done right.Has anyone seen this boat run?I am just trying to get more imput before I pull the trigger.Thanks

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2002-Biesemeyer-K-Boat-102035807
Nobucksracing must have some bucks if your looking at that boat :thumb: I've seen the boat at Needles a couple times but never in the water. Nice piece for sure. If you've got that kind of budget, I'd suggest looking at the K55 as well. Similar price but a lot more HP in the 55. PM Billy B here on the boards as he knows pretty much everything about nearly every circle boat around. Was a lot of help when I was lookng for mine.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Biesemeyer K Boat Blown Injected Billy B Paint MUST SEE!!! - $59995 (Lake Havasu City)

A TRUE SHOW PIECE!! 2002 Biesemeyer K Boat Blown Injected 800HP, 871 Mooneyham Blower, Enderle Injection System,World Products Block & Heads, Billet Casale V Drive, 32 gears, Dan Olsen Oil Cooler, 10qt Dan Olson Pan, Zoomie Headers, 30k custom paint job by Billy B, Custom Dolley Trailer, also comes with Full Enclosed Trailer! Boat has maybe 3 hours of run time since complete build....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Such a steal that it's been for sale for 2 years now?

It's burried in the for sale section somewhere.
Economy is what I would Blame it on. This is a new....... Not a 30 + year old boat !!!! That has not been raced. You must be an expert on these Boats ? :)bulb

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
The ad says 800 hp. Is that an accurate hp rating for that engine?
Shawn, I talked to the guy at Needles a couple years and if I remember right, it's on gas with iron heads.... if so, 800 HP is probably close.

·
3,006 Posts
Economy is what I would Blame it on. This is a new....... Not a 30 + year old boat !!!! That has not been raced. You must be an expert on these Boats ? :)bulb
A steal lasts about 30 minutes on an online forum. I would know, I've lost two cars because someone made a deposit 5 minutes before me. These are cars that are just slightly under this boat in price and within the last two years.

I know a bit about B-boats. I grew up with one in the garage. Things that are for sale for 2 years are not steals. Sure, there may be more money in receipts than the asking price, but that is probably mostly labor dollars and that's the case for nearly EVERY toy. Things that are for sale for 2 years are not "steals", period.

"Steals" are what people leave for work for to go put a used motorcycle in their van that just got posted 1 hour before and they had 7 work buddies max out the ATM withdraws for the day because the bank was closed.

·
Registered
621 Posts
A steal lasts about 30 minutes on an online forum. I would know, I've lost two cars because someone made a deposit 5 minutes before me. These are cars that are just slightly under this boat in price and within the last two years.

I know a bit about B-boats. I grew up with one in the garage. Things that are for sale for 2 years are not steals. Sure, there may be more money in receipts than the asking price, but that is probably mostly labor dollars and that's the case for nearly EVERY toy. Things that are for sale for 2 years are not "steals", period.

"Steals" are what people leave for work for to go put a used motorcycle in their van that just got posted 1 hour before and they had 7 work buddies max out the ATM withdraws for the day because the bank was closed.
Difference of Opinion !!! Try to build this boat for what he is asking. Your labor or my labor it adds up. I helped lay this boat up and quite a few others, it's not getting any cheaper to build a new Boat. Over priced its not !!!!!!

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts

Since you're an expert on B-Boats being your daddy owned one, I'm sure you already know that it's a select (read that "small") group of buyers for boats of this caliber. And you've made your point that based on all your experience you don't' think the boat's worth the sellers asking price... we got it. Then again it seems I remember you couldn't put $5k together last year to buy the bare Bement Bezer hull so obviously you are not in this market. So maybe you might wanna consider some common courtesy and if you can't say anything nice......... well you know the rest

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Since you're an expert on B-Boats being your daddy owned one, I'm sure you already know that it's a select (read that "small") group of buyers for boats of this caliber. And you've made your point that based on all your experience you don't' think the boat's worth the sellers asking price... we got it. Then again it seems I remember you couldn't put $5k together last year to buy the bare Bement Bezer hull so obviously you are not in this market. So maybe you might wanna consider some common courtesy and if you can't say anything nice......... well you know the rest
Well stated David, that should leave a mark.

·
3,006 Posts
I never said I was an expert, I said I was familiar. I've worked on my dad's a ton. He still owns it, and it hasn't ran since i left the house. Probably because I'm not there to work on it?

Willing and can't are two different things (I was also anticipating I'd be going through a separation and it turned out to be the case a few months later and I also sold my tow vehicle during the summer). I'm sure that is why this boat is for sale. Many are able, but nobody is willing.

The only thing I'm arguing is the usage of "Steal". I'm sure this boat cost more than 100k in labor, parts, materials, donated hours from friends and the hours of the owner himself. (Some people I know look at every hour they are awake as a price because they could be making that if they were working and it could apply to this case.). But if it was such a good deal that it's a "Steal" there would be a line even in a niche market. They shipped less than 250 cars the year of the car I lost by just a few minutes for first in line with the deposit. When those are a "Steal" in a niche market they sell QUICK. When there not and are what I would call a "Fair" price, they can sit there for months. Depreciation sux, it exists in nearly all toys.

But fine have it your way, it's a steal in this niche market and will sell very quickly as soon as the economy recovers....:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
621 Posts
Perfect !!!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I never said I was an expert, I said I was familiar. I've worked on my dad's a ton. He still owns it, and it hasn't ran since i left the house. Probably because I'm not there to work on it?

Willing and can't are two different things (I was also anticipating I'd be going through a separation and it turned out to be the case a few months later and I also sold my tow vehicle during the summer). I'm sure that is why this boat is for sale.

But fine have it your way, it's a steal in this niche market and will sell very quickly as soon as the economy recovers....:))THumbsUp
Simple................When You "Can", Build one of these, then let us know how much it cost. I don't know why this boat is for sale but it seems like you do. Nobody is trying to bust your balls, just have some respect for the seller & his boat !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts