Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Blown Ford intercooler BS
Hello, have a 557 BBF, putting an 8-71 on it, I have a bds intake and the msd distributor hits the bottom of the blower,(to tall) So I bought a superchiller to put on and now half to flip and 180 the chiller to fit, problem is, I'm still about a 1/2 inch away from getting dist cap on, Looks like I'm going to have to modify chiller end cap to fit. I'm dead set against using anything mallory and msd dosnt have a crap cap for the ford distys.

Any ideas or suggestions to make this easier? Just wish BDS made there manifold about and in taller thats all ! thanks

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Another idea is to redrill the holes for the studs forward if you got the room.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, just checked intake BDS didnt leave enough room to redrill, looks like 1 inch blower spacer, or shorten distributor will fix problem.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Hello, have a 557 BBF, putting an 8-71 on it, I have a bds intake and the msd distributor hits the bottom of the blower(too tall) So I bought a superchiller to put on and now half to flip and 180 the chiller to fit, problem is, I'm still about a 1/2 inch away from getting dist cap on, Looks like I'm going to have to modify chiller end cap to fit. I'm dead set against using anything mallory and msd dosen't have a crap cap for the ford distys.

Any ideas or suggestions to make this easier? Just wish BDS made there manifold about and in taller thats all ! thanks
The MSD 429/460 distributors are tall and it's not uncommon to run into clearance problems with them in conjunction with tunnel rams and especially with an engine program such as yours.

• You can look into a 351W distributor (use the 429/460 distributor gear on it) which is lower in overall height. Borrow one somewhere and check fitment with your combo prior to purchasing.
  • The 351C and 400M distributors bolt right in but they are less likely to alleviate your clearance issue.
  • Wanna go mag? We have 100% gear driven offset mag drives that will solve your clearance problem, proven to well over 200+ mph:

Using the 351W distributor with a 460 gear on it is your best bet in standard ignition distributors. Call or PM if interested in an offset drive.

LO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts