Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever heard of a head gasket leaking and the compression blowing threw from one cylynder to another creating a grove between the two?

·
Registered
589 Posts
A groove in the block or the heads? How deep? The depth is the killer if to deep to deck out. If in the heads are they cast or aluminum?

·
Registered
230 Posts
no not at all the only reason i notised it at all was cause i finally lost a spark plug? is it fixable? weldable?
just blew a head gasket over easter weekend. it blew between #4 and #6 cylinder, burnt the head (aluminum) had it welded and looks good, call bob mckray in mission viejo (949) 458-7087

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
My 509 is in the shop right now for the same reason. Not quite an 1/8" groove (caught it before it got that bad) but definately the same situation. Did you crack the head as well? I did. It all depends on how severe it is. Sounds like it can be fixed. Where are you located? I can recommend a good shop to get it done at. Oh yeah, plan to go to a larger piston too. My deal was caused by bad gas that sat in the tanks for over a year outside.:mad: I was going to drain them but just added some 110 and thought it would be OK, expensive mistake!!!

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
My deal was caused by bad gas that sat in the tanks for over a year outside.:mad: I was going to drain them but just added some 110 and thought it would be OK, expensive mistake!!!
Not sure (maybe our resident fuel expert will chime in), but I've always heard that rather than the fresh gas helping out the stale, it's the other way around. The stale gas in the tanks turns the good gas to crap and you end up with twice as much crap gas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts