Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to thank V-Drive Denis, The Hot Boat Outlaws, his family and friends for a great weekend and all the wonderful hospitality:)devil The Bandit, Steveo143, 41coup, and Turbowog all headed to Denis's home in Lockwood, CA, near Lake San Antonio for his annual bash . . . .

Even in these troubled times, Denis still has the spirit to bring people together for a great time, and as Andy Herbert put it . . . . "The cool thing about Denis, he is a 'F#@K IT' kind of guy, willing to do what it takes to git-er-done and make it happen anyway". Denis had a lot of help from The Hot Boat Outlaws, family and friends to open up his world and throw a big bash that we will never forget!

Denis also made the time, even with all the festivities, to give Ultra Light plane rides to those willing, and as he took off for the first time, my first thought was "DAYUM! he drives that like his circle boat!"

He also gave us a tour of his shop facilities and his fabrication equipment. Denis's fabrication capabilties are very very impressive, not only does he make his own boat parts, he makes impossible to find parts for the very equipment he uses. In my line of work I deal with many tight tolerance contracts for aerospace, national defense and DOE projects, and it is rare to find a guy talks tolerances in ten thousands as being sloppy.

Denis also shared his air shifter and hydraulc cavitation plate manufacturing operations, and after seeing how meticulous this man is, he will be my choice from now on on any tight tolerance machined parts or wild projects I need help with . . . he has unique quality and attention to detail I have never seen. If any of you guys out there need something made that you just can't find or have made, talk to Denis . . . . his number: (831) 818-5582. This man is an asset to all of us:))THumbsUp

Here are some pics of the weekend fun:

DENIS PORTER INTERNATIONAL
Airplane Aircraft Vehicle Light aircraft Ultralight aviation

TAKE OFF
Powered hang glider Adventure Ultralight aviation Gliding Airplane

TURBOWOG'S RIDE
Airplane Ultralight aviation Vehicle Gliding Adventure

Sky Grassland Natural environment Meadow Plain

LOW ALTITUDE STRAFFING RUN:)devil
Helicopter Rotorcraft Atmospheric phenomenon Vehicle Aircraft

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
dp

denis is a very cool guy.i got an invite to his party and he dosnt know me from jack.but that is the kind of guy he is.wish i could have made it down.looks like that plane was pretty scary.dont know if i would have went for a ride"if he flys it like he drives a boat" fearless.i know i wont pass up on another invite.:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics

Who has a 55 Ton Pressbrake in their garage?:D
Machine Toolroom Building Vehicle

If you look close you can see The Bandit's reaction to Denis's 4 digital mills . . . as Andy put it . . . :|err"I'm-a-gonna go home and piss on my shop!":|err
Machine Filmmaking Technology Film studio Vehicle

The Bandit
Filmmaking Machine Film studio Cinematographer Room

each machine has it's own dedicated tooling
Technology Table Electronics Games

Denis is the only guy I know who still uses a Model A wrench!
Green

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then the party was on!

Even Liquid Addiction and family were in the house . . . . every where I go I get the same greeting!:D
Product Fun Leisure Recreation Chair

Denis and a few of the Hot Boat Outlaws:)devil
Fun Recreation Leisure

Are these guys serious about their boats or what?!?:)devil
Jeans Arm Cool Glasses Leg

Denis's reaction to a ZZTOP guitar solo:D
Fun Footwear Leg Leisure Vacation

Great band that played until way late, fun was had by all!
Architecture Building Recreation Plant Leisure

Thanks again Denis!

·
Registered
326 Posts
v-drive

Sorry I missed the party, wish I could of made it, looks like you all had a lot of fun!! Hope to make the next party. However I was at Dennis's the weekend before, he put an airshifter in my boat for me. Can't ask for a nicer guy!! Thanks again Dennis your the bomb! Herb and Steve-O heard you guys wouldn't go on a plane ride! What's up with that?? Ricky :)devil

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Party Hardy!!

Thanks for all of the kind words and to those of you that made the drive!! A party is not a party without the crowd. Next time, we will hand cuff Andy and Steve into the plane, and let them enjoy the view of the lake and the area from a few thousand feet up. The band was awesome as usual, and the crowd partyed down like there was no tomorrow. I tried to hook Scott up with a single gal to get him some action, but it just didn't happen-I even warmed her up on the dance floor for him--------what more can a buddy do??
This time tomorrow I will be returning from the Hospital for three months off-I think I need that much time to recover from all the dancing-I don't think that I missed any of the ladies!!??
Rock on, we will party hardy again next year!!:)devil:)devil:)devil
Denis

·
1,814 Posts
dennis, thanks again i had a blast. wish i could have stayed! getting ready to burn my shop down:p just kidding . sure was impressed with your shop! the ride in the ultra light was awsome.:D good luck with the doctors, if their place of work is as good as yours you should be top notch in no time .thanks again,turbo wog

·
Registered
979 Posts
Denis, Thank you for everything. Joey had a great time flying and my wife and her sister had fun at the party. (we are still feeling the pain) Good luck at the Doctor and get yourself back to take care of Heidi. We can call you guys Mr and Mrs Gimmpy Arm. Hope to see you guys at Ming.

It was nice seeing LSR and son, Bandit, Turbo Wog and more. Thanks for having me at you lying session. Hag a great time

Ralph, Christine, and Joey

·
1,814 Posts
Denis, Thank you for everything. Joey had a great time flying and my wife and her sister had fun at the party. (we are still feeling the pain) Good luck at the Doctor and get yourself back to take care of Heidi. We can call you guys Mr and Mrs Gimmpy Arm. Hope to see you guys at Ming.

It was nice seeing LSR and son, Bandit, Turbo Wog and more. Thanks for having me at you lying session. Hag a great time

Ralph, Christine, and Joey
who was it?:|err

·
WET MEMBER
1,251 Posts
Denis Porter

Sorry me and Linda could not make it, my back started leaking spinal fluid so I again am laid up. Going it to get it drained on the 31st of Aug. but if that does not work its back to the hospital for a blood patch and a 5 day tays. This sucks, Im having withdrawls from not being able to drive my hydro. :(

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Hang in There

Sorry me and Linda could not make it, my back started leaking spinal fluid so I again am laid up. Going it to get it drained on the 31st of Aug. but if that does not work its back to the hospital for a blood patch and a 5 day tays. This sucks, Im having withdrawls from not being able to drive my hydro. :(
Hang in there Rich!!! We are all pulling for you. Heidi tripped over a gas hose at the gas station last Thursday, dislocated her L elbow as well as cracking the socket. I got my L shoulder done Wednesday. This household looks like Beavis and Butthead trying to work together with two right arms and no left's!! Interesting experience! I may be up your way after we see the Doctor next week to pick up the Lifeline I bought-I'd like to stop by-we can compare scars!?:p Give the wife a hug, I'm sure she is taking good care of you.:|err
Denis

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hang in there Rich!!! We are all pulling for you. Heidi tripped over a gas hose at the gas station last Thursday, dislocated her L elbow as well as cracking the socket. I got my L shoulder done Wednesday. This household looks like Beavis and Butthead trying to work together with two right arms and no left's!! Interesting experience! I may be up your way after we see the Doctor next week to pick up the Lifeline I bought-I'd like to stop by-we can compare scars!?:p Give the wife a hug, I'm sure she is taking good care of you.:|err
Denis
That is not the story you told us last week, you said she held those bastards down until the law showed up. (I think she could do it) Hang in there you two and if you need anything, just give us a call and we can be there in no time.

Ralph Christine and Joey:)devil

·
Registered
931 Posts
Denis, I am very sorry I could not make it. Next year, I will be there, Jen go to her family reunion with out me:D. Damn the bad luck!! Too many tree huggers there any way!!:(:( :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts