Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to give a shot out to the entire ILMOR group for "going the extra mile".

I had been chasing 600 RPM's for over a year and could never reach WOT with my 710. Drive heights, props, etc. etc. Through endless testing we found a couple motor issues that had been there since the day I bought the boat and without questsion ILMOR had the motor removed, shipped back to ILMOR, completely went through the motor in a week and it has now shipped back to be installed.

Ian Hawkins and Bob Mason were extremely easy to deal with and made the whole situation right. The "ILMOR customer care" they talk about is alive and well. If your thinking new boat or new power, you gotta look at these guys. I truly don't think Merc would have done what ILMOR did.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will they ILMOR be paying all your expenses for troubleshooting,drives,props etc.? Maybe Nordic will pick up those costs? Seems like your out many thousands on figuring that problem out.:(:(
Hasn't been discussed with either of them at this point. My guess is probably not.

The frustrating part about it, this could/should have been figured out when the boat was rigged and tested. The numbers (prop/slip/speed) were the same then as they are today and they don't add up.

Definately a question I can't answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts