Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poker Runs West annual Tahoe poker run DIMPLED BALLS RUN 2009 will also feature the BIG WOODIE RUN where the big dogs will find out who really knows to make power out of thin air. BIG WOODIE named after GARWOODS famous wet woodie drink will showcase the big guys like PREDATOR=WICKED ADDICTION=SWEEPER=GONE AGAIN=ELIMINATOR=FAT CAT=RISKY BUSINESS=COLLEGEWOOD AND MORE.

PRE-REGISTER TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE & THE EVENT HAPPENING

THURSDAY JULY16---------------ON SITE REGISTRATION AT GARWOODS 5-7
FRIDAY JULY 17-----------------ON SITE REGISTRATION AT FRESH KETCH 6-8
SATURDAY JULY 18--------------9:30 DRIVERS MEETING LAKE FRONT OF TAHOE KEYS
10:00 POKER RUN STARTS
11:30 LUNCH GARWOODS
1:00 BIG WOODIE RUN-GARWOODS
2-5 POKER RUN
5 AWARDS PARTY GARWOODS

Throughout the week many will be attending the celebrity pro-am golf tournament at Edgewood. Park your boat on the beach and join in some celebrity gazing.

We will have professional photographers and videographers at this event putting together a killer video show for you.

GO TO www.pokerrunswest.com to REGISTER-----VERY IMPORTANT SO EVENT DOES NOT GET CANCELLED*********************************

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tahoe fun==schedule==golf==mussels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt23 LIFTED FROM THE RACE AND EVENT THREAD Chris
Its looking like there's going to be some really nice boats there
Just a little heads up... if you want to meet, take pictures with, get autographs and talk to the celebrities the best days for that are Wednesday and Thursday.

Is there a reason why the lunch, run and party are going to be at Garwoods when most people will be staying at Tahoe Keys and the golf course is located on South Shore? The awards party should be located somewhere closer to south shore so we don't have to drive back to Garwoods (45 mile round trip)

Many people including myself are staying in the keys and we are having the on site registration cocktail party there Friday night. Although we will go near the golf course during the start of the run on Saturday we will be having lunch and the awards at garwoods and the stops will be in the northern part of the lake. Following completion of the awards at Garwoods about 6-7 all of the boats living at Southshore will make the run back. We go north in the morning and head south in the early evening so you will not be doubling back. Gotta keep our carbon footprint low ya know...............

Every launch area is now under mandate to inspect all boats going in the lake. When you pull out they put a seal on your bow eye to the hook on your winch and if it is not broken there is no reinspection or fee. Yearly permits are available at Obexers in Homewood for $250.00 and then you launch and come out any time without inspection.

Lots of interest in Tahoe this year. The special BIG WOODIE RUN we will hold about 1 is open for all but primarily designed to see once and for all who has the fastest cat and V-bottom on the lake. This also gives those of us in our "normal" boats a chance to see the big dogs run. This little fun run will start and end in front of Gar Woods.

Everyone needs to pre-register and then complete their registration on site at either Garwoods on Thursday or Fresh Ketch on Friday. Check www.pokerrunswest.com on Wednesday July 15 for any changes to the schedule.

Chris

·
Registered
161 Posts
chris..:mad: are you suggesting that its a $250.00 inspection to launch on tahoe? that may be ok for the "big dogs" but i'm sure it will keep us average boaters off the lake-of course thats what the tree huggers want anyways

·
46 Posts
chris..:mad: are you suggesting that its a $250.00 inspection to launch on tahoe? that may be ok for the "big dogs" but i'm sure it will keep us average boaters off the lake-of course thats what the tree huggers want anyways
The new inspection fee is a joke.
With that being said, it is $30-$40 per launch, I believe the $250 is for an annual inspection pass.

I will be their, cant wait!

·
Laveycraft NuEra 2750
67 Posts
Chris,
The $200.00 registration fee sounds expensive, what all is included? What/where are you planning for the party after? Are you providing any food or drinks at any of the stops or the party afterward? Will we receive printed pictures and photo/video disks? Who is taking the pictures and shooting the videos? Any shirts being done?
I'm sure if you provide more details, a lot of people (myself included) will get off the fence, start registering and get the word out thus insuring a good turnout. Maybe we can also start a list of participants and their guests. Thanks.
HUD

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tahoe update 7-3-09

TAHOE BIG WOODY SCHEDULE UPDATE 7-3-09

BOAT INSPECTION: All boats entering Tahoe must be inspected for those creepy little mussels. MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WATER in your bilge or anywhere else in your boat. There is a charge for the inspection and it will take time so plan appropriately. Let’s keep Tahoe clean.

Registration: Pre-registration is encouraged. If you wait to register at the lake you run the risk of missing out on some things.

Thursday July 16: Anyone wanting to handle their onsite registration is to call me at 916-704-7022 otherwise you can meet us at the Fresh Ketch Friday 6-7 at the Tahoe Keys Marina.

Chambers Landing 6pm Sunset cocktails anyone?

Friday July 17: Check out the action at the celebrity golf tournament at Edgewood Country Club at South Shore. Great place for lunch.

Fresh Ketch on site registration 6-7.

Saturday July 18: 10:00 Drivers meeting in front of Tahoe Keys
10:30 Helicopter overhead --- formation cruise behind pace boat to Edgewood area.
10:45 Regroup behind pace boat ==== restart the run
11:30 Lunch at Gar Woods----Cards
1:00 Big Woody run-----fast guys strut their stuff
1:30:-4:30 Poker Run Stops on lake---locations and times to be provided---------all in North Tahoe area
5-7 Gar Woods awards party----event officially over
9 Big Woody BBQ party at White Sands house in Keys
RSVP REQUIRED if attending--916-704-7022
[email protected]

SHIRTS: A custom resort style embroidered shirt for each boat captain registered is being made. A few extras may be available for those not pre-registered but there is no guarantee. This is one reason pre-registration is important.

FILMING: Our new film crew this year will be putting together a DVD of video and stills from the event and one will be mailed to every registered boat following the event. Rough cut viewing may happen at the BBQ party.

FOOD: Everyone is on their own for lunch food. Cocktail food will be provided at the Awards party at Gar Woods. BBQ party food guaranteed for RSVP participants and guests.

POKER HANDS: Two per boat included. Other hands priced at $100 to discourage a boat from buying a whole bunch and swaying the odds in their favor. Just trying to keep it fair for all.

ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS: Fee of $30.00 to cover food and costs.

ALCOHOL: Driver of boat not permitted to drink during the event. Have all cans and bottles put away during filming since it is tough to tell if a can, bottle or glass has alcohol in it and we do not want anyone pointing an evil finger at us.

CONDUCT: Simply by the type of boat we have many people resent us. When in a public area please try to keep everything PG rated, well maybe PG17. Let’s not give someone cause to file a complaint. Any nudity, body shots, oral involvement or blatant promiscuity must be conducted under my supervision.

AWARDS: Special awards are being made for the cat and V winners of the special Big Woody run and we have special gifts for all registered boats along with unique awards for the winner of the Poker Hand.

FUTURE EVENTS: I realize we are in stressful economic times and we all have many choices as to how we spend our leisure time. Since 1998 when I started PRW I have always attempted to provide a quality environment for fun on the water. In the beginning event fees were $300-$500 per boat. With sponsorship involvement I was able to reduce some event costs to $100. Rarely do poker run fees ever cover the actual hard costs of an event. Now that sponsorship has disappeared due to global economic concerns how we do business must change.

I will continue to put forth the effort to produce these events, however beginning with the DELTA BIG RAT RUN August 29 and the LONG BEACH “Stimulate This” POKER RUN September 19 we will need to meet a minimum number of boats pre-registered by a certain date to guarantee an event will take place.

Your efforts to promptly pre-register will enable us to plan better and provide you a better event. Reserving hotels, restaurants, getting permits and insurance etc. takes time and money so we need to know as early as possible. If you do not want to attend any more events we want to know that also. Your suggestions, comments and ideas really help us so do not hesitate to make them.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Want to get signed up for the poker run. Do you still have space? Do I need to fill out something else to do the big woodie shootout? Do I need to have a helmet for the big woodie shootout?

Looking forward to it, thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Want to get signed up for the poker run. Do you still have space? Do I need to fill out something else to do the big woodie shootout? Do I need to have a helmet for the big woodie shootout?

Looking forward to it, thanks.
ANY QUESTIONS I HAVEN'T ALREADY ANSWERED CALL ME 916-704-7022.

cHRIS

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Number 5 to the card stop bitches!!!!
Gotta give cobalt credit, he was 5th after the first 22 mile leg.

Didn't quite run as fast as the 161 top speed of Predetor though who got there first.

A very respectable effort none the less.

Great event, great people, awesome boats.

People are already talking about next year.

DELTA EVENT AUG. 29-----------LONG BEACH SEPT. 18-20.

·
OSS SVL
2 Posts
Thanks for the fun time Chris

The only down side to the event; other then the blower belt letting go, was that I am still getting flack from the swimmers from the Trans Tahoe swim that the Poker Run went right through. You should make an adjustment for that next year...

·
Banned
138 Posts
I was told about the swimmers at the drivers meeting but did not realize I was on top of them until it was too late. At close to 100 m.p.h. I seemed to get tunnel vision and what was a line of boats stretching the width of the lake looked like a couple boats just fishing in one area. I was following the rooster tails in front of me and did not realize I passed the swimmers until it was too late...scared the shit out of me and probably scared the swimmers even more.

That aside it was a great run! I will try to post some video and pictures of the event either later tonight or tomorrow, including the footage that they showed on NBC. Thanks again PRW.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only down side to the event; other then the blower belt letting go, was that I am still getting flack from the swimmers from the Trans Tahoe swim that the Poker Run went right through. You should make an adjustment for that next year...
There definately will be an adjustment. Per my discussions with the CG henceforth every activity, including the most dangerous one (swimmers unattended in the middle of the lake), woodie runs, over the bottom races, poker runs, club runs, sail boat races etc will require a permit because of the over reaction and unwarrented dangerous and rude behavior by those representing the swimmers.............................. We were almost run into by a vessel representing the swimmers, while we were off plane and had to take evasive action. At no time did anyone of our boats come close to any swimmer............
Now that the issue has been put in proper perspective let the permit process begin.

Our event will be the same time next year and we will start in Sand harbor with the swimmers and idle along beside them. It will take us longer but they will be safer. JK

·
46 Posts
I thought all the boats were there to watch the go-fast's at the final destination...untill I saw all the bobbing heads behind all the boats.

Oh well, its everyones lake, not just the swimmers/sailboats:)hand

I had a great time, cant wait till next year!

The Lake Tahoe Native,
Bear

1 - 20 of 28 Posts