Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I do a pass my bilge fills with water. I've checked all water lines going in and exiting. Everything seems tight. Only does this when I'm wide open. I have to keep my bilge pump on during a pass. Even then I'm still getting lots in the bilge. What could it be? Thanks guys

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Every time I do a pass my bilge fills with water. I've checked all water lines going in and exiting. Everything seems tight. Only does this when I'm wide open. I have to keep my bilge pump on during a pass. Even then I'm still getting lots in the bilge. What could it be? Thanks guys

Cracked sucton housing is possible, intake seal broken, shaft seal bad or needs adjustment.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
suction gasket,packings or your TA plates not sealed well.

I was getting the same thing, but i found I was missing 2 bolts on my suction housing. Istalled them after my new S/H install and now I dont get a lick of water rushing towards my feet.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Most likely packing seals, tighten them a bit. Do NOT tighten them so much that the seal out ALL water, or you will burn them up, quickly. There should be a couple drips a minuite sitting still, and a fine mist at speed.

If you no longer have room left to tighten them, replace them and start over.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
might be easier to have someone else mash the gas while you peep the back end to find the leak.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
WOT maybe the pass is so exciting the passenger wets themselves ??:D

try the "fill the bilge with water on the trailer" method Also plug all the "out lines" and put a little pressure to the cooling system if these show no leaks my moneys on the bowl gasket Tom

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most likely packing seals, tighten them a bit. Do NOT tighten them so much that the seal out ALL water, or you will burn them up, quickly. There should be a couple drips a minuite sitting still, and a fine mist at speed.

If you no longer have room left to tighten them, replace them and start over.
Ill check the packing seals. The motor is new maybe 5 hours. The pump has maybe two seasons on a rebuild. I checked the intake bolts a month or so back I will check that again also. Pump is set back so it can't be the bowl gasket. Thanks for the replys!

·
Registered
981 Posts

this was happening to me... the suction houseing to intake bolts were finger tight!! They loosened up over time from vibration...

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I have the same thing going on. Cruise is all good, but after a full boost boogie, I get the tidal wave to clean up the aisle. Sitting in the back watching isn't an option with big pipes and a blower belt. I'm thinking about planting a camera back there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts