Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
I just installed one of those and then hooked up the other in line with the new one so that IF the new one turns on, and it's not taking care of the water, I can flip a switch and have both running. Together I have 1000 gph pumping capacity. I took the old float switch out.
Walmart Allwood :)devil:)devil:)devil ha ha

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I run the Rule 500 automatic. Same type of deal I think. Solid state electronics and no flipper switch. It comes on every couple minutes. If it senses water (resistance against the impeller) it pumps till it's gone and then shuts off. If it doesn't sense any water (again resistance) it turns off right away. I just leave it on all the time when I'm in the water and it takes care of itself.

Some of the guys on HB said they were crap and had problems with em, but mine's been in the boat for three troublefree years and works great.

I sure wish someone would make one that doesn't have a plastic hose fitting on it. Sooner or later they all seem to crack there.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
I run the Rule 500 automatic. Same type of deal I think. Solid state electronics and no flipper switch. It comes on every couple minutes. If it senses water (resistance against the impeller) it pumps till it's gone and then shuts off. If it doesn't sense any water (again resistance) it turns off right away. I just leave it on all the time when I'm in the water and it takes care of itself.

Some of the guys on HB said they were crap and had problems with em, but mine's been in the boat for three troublefree years and works great.

I sure wish someone would make one that doesn't have a plastic hose fitting on it. Sooner or later they all seem to crack there.
I guess there just suppose to be a slip fit. Who know what they were thinking

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
I've got a couple of 750's in the boat, one is automatic and the other is manually switched.
Dan, I know what you're saying about the plastic nipples, they taste...oops, wrong kind. Anyway, I put about a 3" piece of tubing onto the pump that goes into a 90º fitting and then on out. It seems to be less stress from bouncing around thus helping preserve that fitting.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Like the rest of the gang here, I'm running two as well. A 1000 on a switch and a 1100 on a float. So far I'm happy, though it's hard to to having any water issues when it sets in the shop all the time.........:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts