Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 29, 2009

Bilge Pumps on Tunnel Hulls,

Where did you place yours and how/where do you dump the bilge?

Any Photos?

Thanks

Willis

·
Registered
601 Posts
Willis, you talkin the center or outer sponsons?

On HCW the center one is in front of the intake. I like that because that area always collects water when the bilge is all the way in the back next to the intake. You should have plenty of room because of where your motor's located. The outer ones are easy, in the back towards the center. The lowest point.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
On the 21, I have 3 in the back, one on the side of the intake, and then one in each sponson.

On the 19 I have just one mounted just in front of the intake. If I'm taking on water in the outer sponsons i shouldn't be in the water.;)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
September 29, 2009

Bilge Pumps on Tunnel Hulls,

Where did you place yours and how/where do you dump the bilge?

Any Photos?

Thanks

Willis
IMO, for the center sponson a self priming pump is the ticket. For me there was no place to stick a bilge pump behind the motor. With the self priming deal, all you have to do is find a spot for a hose... I have to thank Chris(daytona tunnell) for that tip...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have one in the center just in front of the intake, nothing in the outer's but do have the J-drains on the outhers and they work great!!

Travis

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one in the center just in front of the intake, nothing in the outer's but do have the J-drains on the outhers and they work great!!

Travis

September 29, 2009

Travis,

How often have you replaced the flappers on the J Drain?

Is your hull stored indoors?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
September 29, 2009

Travis,

How often have you replaced the flappers on the J Drain?

Is your hull stored indoors?
This was my first year with it and Tony Skagen had it last year with the same flappers, so as far as I know two years at the least on the flappers and they are still like new!!

The boat is stored indoors but was in a shop with out heat last winter, it gets below 0 here as well! I can sit on the beach all day and not take one drop of water through the J drains on eithor side!!

Travis

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Bilge

I had 3, two in the outer sponsons that pumped into the center, the center pumped overboard. I have issues with maken more holes. The center had a auto float, the outer two ran off a dash switch.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Willis, I used to run one in each sponson and one in the center. I run J drains on the outers now and they worked great the first year. After that, I bought small plugs and stuck those in the J drains beacuas they were leaking. I need to replace them again before I go out again.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Willis, I have one in each sponson and in the center, the two on the out side pump into the center, the center then pumps overboard, the key is to put the hose over the stringer close to the floor (Splash) this reason is for only having one overboard. I hate holes in the boat.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Willis, I have one in each sponson and in the center, the two on the out side pump into the center, the center then pumps overboard, the key is to put the hose over the stringer close to the floor (Splash) this reason is for only having one overboard. I hate holes in the boat.
I am with ya on the holes in a boat! Wish someone made a bung that was elongated to handle more lines on the back and handle all the water that was to be discharged! WT:)devil

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I am with ya on the holes in a boat! Wish someone made a bung that was elongated to handle more lines on the back and handle all the water that was to be discharged! WT:)devil
ummmmmm i got one with three holes recessed like the Circle boats (Not Jets) got it from the Beezer deals but it hangs off the DS at the rear, dont know if i have a pic, but it mounts like a gauge in the dash. you can kind of see it (In the pic), dont have any detailed pics, but you get the idea! had a problem with the over boards out the back, now I can see it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts