Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there make a billet suction housing? Or a suction housing out of stronger material than what Berkeley uses?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Yes the guys that race the Eagle 21' boats up in Canada made some I have seen pics and have heard they cost a small fortune:)sphss

I bet if Xerophobic reads this he will chime in:D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I seem to recall it was in the 4-5000 dollar range for the billet one. A Dominator housing will do the job, much thicker than the ole' Berk housing.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
that looks SWEET!!!.... wish i had the dough for that.... Wish i had the dough for alot of things...:mad:

·
Registered
221 Posts
what is the difference in the old smooth Dominator suctions and the later doms and berks beside having a smaller wear ring (size, flow, strength, etc.)

·
northern member
602 Posts
the suction in my boat isn't billet , but it's a heavier cast with a alloy that is more ductile with thicker walls and flanges . i ordered it with my hull that i got from NZ . it doesn't have a clean out and it can be spec'd with whatever brg. , seal and bowl pattern you like . it's what the kiwi's call a Muf intake , i think the guy who makes them name is Peter Muf , if you want more info contact Keelowcraft Boats @ www.jetboat.com their not cheap but a hell of a lot less than that Eagle billet badboy :|err

·
Registered
418 Posts
hahaha
come on its ONLY an arm a leg( and your first born) you wanna boat for free????
lol

They are about 5-6k from what i recall(dont actually work there anymore) and they accept AT internals. (Thats CND so about $80% for you guys south of the border)

No one has ever broken one tho even the T-58 turbine boat tried :)

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts