Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
boatprogress.jpg
Paul and I decided we are not going to miss Billy'z deal this year. We have been boatless for far too long. We made a new years resolution, and found a junker with real history and possibilities for a hundred dollar bill. This week we started working every night after work. Can you build a circle boat on a tight budget in just 28 days? . . . Stay tuned. Anyone know where to get good stringer material??
Join with us! One and all. Get your junk running and park it next to us at Billy'z Feb route 66 show and shine.

·
Village Idiot
3,499 Posts
Um, not gonna happen. At lease one of us has to be realistic. You should just burn it to help cut down on the heating bill.

Paul

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
View attachment 944962
Paul and I decided we are not going to miss Billy'z deal this year. We have been boatless for far too long. We made a new years resolution, and found a junker with real history and possibilities for a hundred dollar bill. This week we started working every night after work. Can you build a circle boat on a tight budget in just 28 days? . . . Stay tuned. Anyone know where to get good stringer material??
Join with us! One and all. Get your junk running and park it next to us at Billy'z Feb route 66 show and shine.
Hey boys, I have one turnbuckle that I'll donate to your cause. It would be great to finally see you guys at a real boating event:wink2: Get to work!!!

Steve

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I've seen lots of miracles in my lifetime and, if I'm not mistaken, that boat was on a trailer I purchased but the owner didn't know what to do with it and you little guys actually wanted it? Go figure. I give them one chance in three to make it there on time. This one may be considered in pristine condition, in comparison to others they have built.

PC230004.jpg

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Is that a Chevy II wagon in the background??????
Why yes. It's one of two we have. That will be Paul's daily driver when complete but rumor has it he'll be scrambling to complete a boat first. Here's the other he already built.

Duece3.jpg

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
boatprogress3.jpg
boatprogress2.jpg
Stringers mounted. Had to throw lots of weight from the old GOOD Eagle rods from when they were made in Turkey. The vacuum bagging wasn't adhering the balsa to the lower layer, so weight and vacuum was the answer.
Certainly on schedule to make the show.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Looks like you are almost there Buzz:hmmm: Well, maybe if you drive to Needles really slowly while Paul finishes up all the small stuff while riding on the trailer.:yes:

Steve

·
Manage MacTilley Racing
297 Posts
Stringer material

View attachment 944962
Dixieline Lumber... 14' dried end grain Doug fir for about $100.00 a stick. They order it in, takes about three days to get it.
Good luck with the build, see you at Billies 2018 ???

Dave

·
Village Idiot
3,499 Posts
Dixieline Lumber... 14' dried end grain Doug fir for about $100.00 a stick. They order it in, takes about three days to get it.

Dave
Thanks for he tip. My brother has a pipe dream of getting this thing done this Feb. Let's just say I am not holding my breath.

Paul

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts

Dave
Oh, trust me when I say they will be there this year - 2017. The condition/progress of the boat may be suspect but it will be there. These guys have been scrambling after work daily.

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Floor roughed in. Will flowcoat when deck is on.
boatprogress5.jpg
Always wanted a T-deck
boatprogress6.jpg
Skillsaw and no skill!

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
So what are you guys using for resin? Epoxy, poly, vinyl or....? Enquireing minds want to know :))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 124 Posts