Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put a Bimini top on my 18ft Bahner jet project. I have a 9 month little girl that i don't want to be in the sun all day. Do you guys have any pics! looking for a low profile Bimini on a 18 foot jet boat that i could get ideas from. I would like to hide all the attach hardware so when it is removed for the nitrous passes you wont see big rails or attach points. Any pic'c would help not much of a Bimini top guy but Family first!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Face it... you just need to get a pontoon... thats the way I'm heading...

Is that thing going to be up and running for the 4th?

·
Pie Wagon
253 Posts
I need to put a Bimini top on my 18ft Bahner jet project. I have a 9 month little girl that i don't want to be in the sun all day. Do you guys have any pics! looking for a low profile Bimini on a 18 foot jet boat that i could get ideas from. I would like to hide all the attach hardware so when it is removed for the nitrous passes you wont see big rails or attach points. Any pic'c would help not much of a Bimini top guy but Family first!! Thanks in advance!
Post a decent picture of your boat. I'd like to see where your cleats are.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Face it... you just need to get a pontoon... thats the way I'm heading...

Is that thing going to be up and running for the 4th?
Taking it in for interior tomorrow. Trying to get it on the water for Fathers day weekend. Definitely will be ready for the 4th will post some pic's soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pic's !! just trying to make it as clean of an install as possible, i will post up some pic's when it's done and when i get a good picture of the inside.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts

S CP

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dude...if you're making Nitros Runs...don't worrie about the Bimini Hardware...no one will see it...hehe serious...!
you only have a small post bracket on each side with small hooks for front and rear tie down straps.
Like you said..Family FIRST, KEWL is secondary
send me a PM for a e-mail address and I'll send you some good upclosepic's....
:)devil
Diamond Dave

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only close up I had..Sorry...hehe
Be sure to set Bimini back far enough so when bundled up and cruising, rear passengers aren't resting on it...!

Good Luck...be sure to post pic's
:)devil
Diamond Dave

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/louise98_bk/5-16-2010061a.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was in the same boat when my daughter was born, but it is definently nice to have for the little ones. I originally wanted mine to be lower profile but it is actually nice to have some headroom to move around inside the boat when it is up. I had to run the two seperate mounting points the back one is used when bimini is down and also doubles as the rear tie strap point, I move it to the front mounts when it gets put up. I went with all the stainless hardware and mounts and it really doesnt look that bad. These are the best pics i could find.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the pic's Guys! Looks like i have a good idea what I'm going to do. The boat is getting the interior done now. Should be out of the shop by fathers day. I will post up some be for and after pics. Much appreciated Thanks

Nice looking Boats !!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts