Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from the boards have a bitz 21' tunnel?

Anyone order from them new and what the experience was like.

I don't think I have seen one in person and was curious as to any feedback anyone wants to share.

Is this their own mold?

Pics are always good :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
416 Posts
There is a guy on here with a Bitz 21 and it looks real clean and nice.... I also know a guy who ordered a bitz 19 V-drive tunnel and the deal has not worked out near as close to what was agreeded on.... Boat was supposed to be done months ago and its not even close.....

I have heard some shady things about Bitz..... Be carefull and maybe deal with someone like GS Marine who can pop you a new 21 TPR..... cs19 Can also point you in the right direction if you pm him, great guy and very honest guy to do business with!!

Thats just my experience....

Hope this helps and good luck with your new venture!!!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
John D has 21 deck boat mold and can do a closed or poen bow I think? thats always an option. Never worked on a 21 Bitz but Id like to see a pic of one.

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
bitz

bitz is building me a 21 tunnel right now. when all is said and done he builds one of the nicest boats out there. ive known him for many years and ive had the chance to see many of his boats. including the 19 tunnel v drive mentioned here. i dont know the details of that deal but its turning out super sweet. my last boat was from him as well. a bitz jet hydro which i just sold. if you know Dante from drag boat city, he could have any boat he wants! his hydro is a bitz! hes got many boats on the go and things get backed up more so thru the summer. guys coming in needing repairs RIGHT NOW. not deffending rick or whatever but its no different from anywhere else. a buddy of mine just recieved his 24.6 wakesetter. he paid over 120 grand for this boat. it was delivered 3 months late.

back to the 21. the hull is very similar to the eliminator with a few mods. like shortening the deck for more room inside the boat. more and less fiberglass and wood where needed. lots of upgrades to a hull that was already the best tunnel ( for a jet) out there. i could have ordered from many places. i chose his because i know im getting a really good f#@king boat. no one ive seen does the detail like he does. ill try to post some pics. it will be of the 21 also mentioned here and of the one being done now. one ahead of mine. i havent been down lately to get any updated pics on mine.

as far as him being shady, as long as ive known him he delivers. yes, not always on time but its worth the wait. we set a price and it has not strayed from that at all.

being built right now

mine after gel coat speayed and first layer of glass

second layer

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just came across this youtube link Yuma Power-Tour 2010, Ryan Brooks 21' Bitz - YouTube

I believe its the same boat in the pics above, not sure if he is a board member or not. Maybe he will chime in if he is.

I heard that the deck has been shortened a foot or two.

Now that the cash seems to be in the right places the search begins. Seriously considering building

something I can call my own. I came across the Bitz website and thought I would throw it out there

to hear any thoughts.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
John D has 21 deck boat mold and can do a closed or poen bow I think? thats always an option. Never worked on a 21 Bitz but Id like to see a pic of one.
We do offer a 21 closed bow

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
bitz

yes that is the boat. yes the deck was shortened. people said it wouldnt work. looks like it works pretty good to me!! if you choose to go with bitz, all i can say is quality takes time and quality is all that matters to me. no your not goona get it in a week or a month but when you do get it you will be very happy. bitz is a very smart boat builder. he made my hydro perform very well. by the way the guy that bought my hydro drove 3400 miles to get it and paid me cash.

good luck on your search.
i will post more pics of mine when i get them. i will have my tunnel sitting in my driveway by end of the month.
cheers!!

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes that is the boat. yes the deck was shortened. people said it wouldnt work. looks like it works pretty good to me!! if you choose to go with bitz, all i can say is quality takes time and quality is all that matters to me. no your not goona get it in a week or a month but when you do get it you will be very happy. bitz is a very smart boat builder. he made my hydro perform very well. by the way the guy that bought my hydro drove 3400 miles to get it and paid me cash.

i will post more pics of mine when i get them. i will have my tunnel sitting in my driveway by end of the month.
cheers!!
Thanks for the input. Be sure to post pics when you take ownership! Seems that the shortened deck would help accommodate a blower setup combined with a ratchet allowing still for adequate interior.

JohnD - not sure I've seen the Ultra closed deck, any pics?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks for the input. Be sure to post pics when you take ownership! Seems that the shortened deck would help accommodate a blower setup combined with a ratchet allowing still for adequate interior.

JohnD - not sure I've seen the Ultra closed deck, any pics?
There are some on my website under the 21 shadow

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Yes Ryan is a member of this forum, seen his 21 last year at the YPT, looked very nice. I'm sure he would be glad to share his experience with anyone who asked.

he was planning on going to the CP deal this weekend, did anybody see him?? he added a few HP and it should haul the mail :D

·
Registered
416 Posts

cheers!!
With only 2 posts and both being on the Bitz thread it is easy to see where you stand..... That 19 V-drive was said to be done and delivered by april, well its now august and still a no go and not even close.... Yes quality takes time but to be 4 months off your projected delivery date and its still not done is rediculous.....

rivrrts429, stick with a guy like John D, GS marine, eliminator, etc if you want a real quality boat you ca call your own!! How many bitz are out there laying down the numbers that a proven boat like mentioned above are.....

Be carefull man..... The sadness of poor quality will remain with you long after the low price is gone. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.....

Eithor way I hope you get what you want and are happy!!

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
With only 2 posts and both being on the Bitz thread it is easy to see where you stand..... That 19 V-drive was said to be done and delivered by april, well its now august and still a no go and not even close.... Yes quality takes time but to be 4 months off your projected delivery date and its still not done is rediculous.....

rivrrts429, stick with a guy like John D, GS marine, eliminator, etc if you want a real quality boat you ca call your own!! How many bitz are out there laying down the numbers that a proven boat like mentioned above are.....

Be carefull man..... The sadness of poor quality will remain with you long after the low price is gone. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.....

Eithor way I hope you get what you want and are happy!!
yes only 2 posts. only reason theres any posts at all is a member from another forum informed me of this post so i deceided to reply. i dont hang out here. anyways im glad you can share someone elses experience dealing with bitz. i guess i could share many many other peoples good experience with bitz as well. but i decided to share my own. easy to bad mouth someone else when its not your deal. further more rivrrts429 if you want to use blowns advice in that you get what you pay for you should buy a DCB. if money is no concern. truely the nicest boats around.

i dont know ryan or know his experience with bitz but i did see his boat before it left his shop and all the photos after. nice [email protected]#kn boat. as for the delay with the 19 tunnel, not sure. i do know there was a move in shop location that did take some time in getting set up again. ive seen the boat and it looks very nice. like i said im not defending bitz but in my many years of experience with him hes always been straight with me. he builds nice boats. as far as laying down times i dont think you buy a 21 foot tunnel to race the liquid 1/4 mile.:wtf:

·
Registered
416 Posts
as far as laying down times i dont think you buy a 21 foot tunnel to race the liquid 1/4 mile.:wtf:
A guy in our boating group, Tony Skagen of Skagen boats who also knows Ryans boat as it was at his shop after Bitz built it..... Ran an 8.80 @ 129 and change on his first pass in his full dress 21 with the Stereo blasting at the starting rope, so yes a 21 can run very hard!! But then again it's an Eliminator set up by Skagen boats....

Try again.... ;)

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
wow

A guy in our boating group, Tony Skagen of Skagen boats who also knows Ryans boat as it was at his shop after Bitz built it..... Ran an 8.80 @ 129 and change on his first pass in his full dress 21 with the Stereo blasting at the starting rope, so yes a 21 can run very hard!! But then again it's an Eliminator set up by Skagen boats....

Try again.... ;)
WOW! and how many thousands did that take? my point was the average buyer isnt buying a 21 foot tunnel to race. in fact very very very few. its like all the meatheads who dump endless cash into thier desiel trucks to run 10 seconds. thats just stupid. wanna go fast buy a go fast boat. i like most people am building mine to have fun but yet still do it as fast i can afford. when all the go fast boats are running to the trailers at first sign of choppy water ill still be drinking beer soaking up rays. i just sold my hydro for that very reason.

and why is it your comments are about all these guys you know? dont you have any of your own experences to talk about. do ya even own a boat???

·
Registered
537 Posts
I own a jet boat :)hand In the lower mainland ,I've seen bitz's used ,ah, stuff at local swap meets :)sphss I,ve ask quite a few people about bitz, the response has been consistant.:no: buddy tried to buy a used jc, unable to make a deal :))eek:)) ,had one shipped from cali saved alot of money:partyguy:. just sayin ! He may build a great boat .

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
All I know is my best friend ordered and paid for a 502 Bitz hydro three+ Years ago and has seen nothing! Don't give the asshole any money up front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a bitz day cruiser , with the tunnel bottom 21 ft. there was someone looking for identification on theres that had a 440 and jet. while mine has a 225 merc hangin on the back, ill not trade it for anything out there period! reguardless of the turmoil that others may have had in trying to get there deal done with rick. the concensus from anyone that has owned a bitz is that theyll buy another given the chance. seems that all those that bitch just know someone that had an issue with mr. bitz, but always second hand. id rather own somthing with very low production num. than just another high priced production boat. if so id buy a wakeboard boat , just so i can be like the neibours, giant tower, speakers hanging all over the place , every toy they sell at walmart as well. please! induviduallity is the reason that i bought my boat . ive yet to ever see another till the one on this site. seems to me that people are intitled to there opinion, but not there unsolisited views of how someone may or may not run there buisiness.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looks like I missed another friendly Bitz debate:nothing to add:

Ole Tricky Ricky! You either love em or hate him. Just got back from Cp and 4 days of rippin in the bitz. Still love the boat. Any questions PM me
what year is yours? you have a nice ride:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts