Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got this in the mail. Couldn't help but laugh. It must have been someone in a hybrid that reported me to the Global Warming police.

Has anyone else recieved one of these for blowing black smoke?

·
"The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
Nothing like have citizens telling the government on you.

Depending on who the "bad guy" is next this will get worse I am afraid.

I had some rear end oil dripping on the brakes of a car 10 years ago and I got one of these notices.

It was a joke then.

Brian

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nothing like have citizens telling the government on you.

Depending on who the "bad guy" is next this will get worse I am afraid.

I had some rear end oil dripping on the brakes of a car 10 years ago and I got one of these notices.

It was a joke then.

Brian
Its just like the people handing out awareness tickets or tagging SUVs and trucks in parking lots with (I don't care about the enviornment)stickers. My truck doesn't smoke anymore than a typical semi-truck on the highway. Only in California do we have air police handing out ***** fake tickets. I'd like to know how much wasted tax payer dollar is spent in sending me and others these notices.

Here CA is, letting over 25,000 dangerous prisioners out of jail to save money, while at the same time we let programs like these exist.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna guess that no one turned you in but more likley one of those vans that park on the onramp to the freeway to measure the emissions.

Did you read it? "anonymous individual"..If the orginzation spotted me, Im sure they would have choose different words. ;):)bulb

You think a Van on the side of the road at 7pm (crowded freeway) is going to catch my plate at 70mph with all that smoke covering it?

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,938 Posts
One of the perks of running bio diesel. My dmax with chip hardly smokes when running bio. I like the black smoke and smoking jerk offs out, but can stay under the radar with bio.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did I read that right? You like the black smoke? Doesn't sound right but then again my truck does not smoke at all I don't think.
The smoke is cool when someone is tail-gating you. And of course it just looks cool, just like a burnouts. Its an "American" thing! LOL

But its not so cool when you think about the wasted fuel from too much smoke, or a smoke coved boat once arrived at the river. :)sphss

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its just like the people handing out awareness tickets or tagging SUVs and trucks in parking lots with (I don't care about the enviornment)stickers. My truck doesn't smoke anymore than a typical semi-truck on the highway. Only in California do we have air police handing out ***** fake tickets. I'd like to know how much wasted tax payer dollar is spent in sending me and others these notices.

Here CA is, letting over 25,000 dangerous prisioners out of jail to save money, while at the same time we let programs like these exist.

Man if some tree hugging freak put a sticker on my truck, I would be cooling off in the county jail. I`d out that sticker so far up their ass, they could stick their tounge out and read it!:)devil

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts

screw tree huggies the EPA and CARB this is the back window of my truck. i love my black smoke. it makes a statement when i shizz all over an import that wants to race:)devil rivertrash that letter u got ive gotten 3 of them. screw those guys:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.