Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I've had a couple various models. I was a fan of the wheel on th side. I now have one with the ball in the middle. Although it is much sleeker, I'm not a fan of the ball.

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
I've had a couple. They have improved with time. Currently have the 8830 (track ball model) and really like it. Also had a 7100 and HATED it. The 7100 had the keyboard where 2 letters share a key and it's "supposed" to know what word you are typing. I sent out numerous emails with mis-spellings because the damn thing would choose the wrong word. It also did not have a spell checker. The 8830 has a spell checker and checks before sending the email.

The web browser is OK, I can't seem to get PB to load properly, but in a pinch I can use it to google stuff.

I'd recomment the 8830 or a model with a full keyboard. For what it's worth, I've also had 2 Treos and an iPhone. I like the 8830 better than the Treos and am 50/50 with the iPhone.

·
5149 1/2
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had a couple. They have improved with time. Currently have the 8830 (track ball model) and really like it. Also had a 7100 and HATED it. The 7100 had the keyboard where 2 letters share a key and it's "supposed" to know what word you are typing. I sent out numerous emails with mis-spellings because the damn thing would choose the wrong word. It also did not have a spell checker. The 8830 has a spell checker and checks before sending the email.

The web browser is OK, I can't seem to get PB to load properly, but in a pinch I can use it to google stuff.

I'd recomment the 8830 or a model with a full keyboard. For what it's worth, I've also had 2 Treos and an iPhone. I like the 8830 better than the Treos and am 50/50 with the iPhone.
We are looking at the 8310 which is the "Curve". Any info. on this one?

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
We are looking at the 8310 which is the "Curve". Any info. on this one?
Not personally, but a couple people in the office have them and like them. It's probably very similar in features to the 8830. Oh the only thing I don't like about the 8830 is that it does not have a camera, the 8310 does.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have that phone and I like it!

Oh ya, I forgot something about the phone! I had it wrapped up in my t shirt sitting on my dash during desert storm and I had my wife throw it to me after forgetting my phone was in it and to my surprise it still worked after sitting in about six inches of water at the channel for about 4-5 seconds!

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
I have the 8830 aka "Pearl". I have become very accustomed to the dynamics of the phone and it is really great. I converted everybody over to Blackberry's in my company and they all love it too. 5 Pearls and one "Curve". Really the main difference is a full "QWERTY" keyboard vs. the 2 letters per key also in QWERTY sequence, just a different system. I actually think it is better but I also am more on the techy(sp), computer, gadget, video game kind of person. Not sure if that is stereotypical to who will prefer the 8830 but it works for me. Also, the Blackberry's can differ in feature from carrier to carrier also. I have Verizon and feel their service is superior. just my .02.

I also carry an iPhone for the websurfing, ipod/mp3, photographs, etc. but still prefer the email client as well as SMS (texting) on my Blackberry.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I have Had several models currently I have the 8300 Curve.
it took me awhile to adjust from the wheel to the trackball
but love it now. be sure to upload the google maps app.
it works like a GPS. also add the 2GB memory card

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I've got a Blackberry Pearl and love it. I wanted the Curve but the Curve had just come out from Sprint and they were out of them. I was too impatient to wait. Wish I would have waited for them to get some more in because the full key board would have been better. The only thing that sucks is you can't send pictures in MMS format. You can only send via e-mail but that is a Sprint issue. :mad:

·
Registered
219 Posts
i love my crackberry. Its the best thing since asain massage parlours:D
but seriously its great. I do most of my biz via email so its a necesity. Worth every penny imo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.