Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eyeballing a 25 Daytona with a mild 502 and a blackhawk drive. I don't know avything about these, hell, Ive never even heard of one. Are they any good or are they a POS that I should run away from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
everyone that has owned one swears by it- especially on a Daytona-
1.- killer holeshot
2.-very efficient-good milage-
3.-pretty durable
now for the cons:
1.-not much prop selection
2.-not in production anymore
3.-parts are scarce/expensive

call B&D Marine-ask for Brian:D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
They are fast for sure. A 25 Daytona with a 500hp/ Blackhawk combo, should run about 95.
Many parts are shared with the other Bravo, and BravoIII drives.

Darrell.

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
Ran across one forsale the other day. No props, great shape. I researched a little and from what I understand, Herring is making the props. Found some used 27's for $1150.
How would a Black Hawk work on say a 21' Hallett Vector, 400-500hp?
Just a crazy thought...Dare to be different, right?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Ran across one forsale the other day. No props, great shape. I researched a little and from what I understand, Herring is making the props. Found some used 27's for $1150.
How would a Black Hawk work on say a 21' Hallett Vector, 400-500hp?
Just a crazy thought...Dare to be different, right?
dotn know how the boat would handle with the drive on the surface or getting on plane?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
dotn know how the boat would handle with the drive on the surface or getting on plane?
Howard's first test boat was a v-bottom. :D And I raced a Steve Stepp 30' V-bottom back in the '90s with a single 470" and a SSMV drive. As with any boat, it depends on your setup, but single surface drives can work really well on either Vs or cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts