Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to clean a block before getting it Magd??? Just soap and water or hit it with Brakleen?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Clean it like you are going to build it! Rinse passages Hot water and soap and when you think it's good enough----Do it again!

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
What is the best way to clean a block before getting it Magd??? Just soap and water or hit it with Brakleen?

Thanks
I like to knock out the cam bearings and plugs A good hot pressure wash, bottle

brush before and after a mag check

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
After a line hone...
All oil galley holes and passages done with a bottle brush and HOT water with dawn dish soap over and over and over and over ;)
No way my local machine shop would have gotten it as clean as I did...no frikin way!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Thanks
If your having it magged, let the shop do it. They will run it thru the oven a bake the thing to death. I would be surprised they would mag it if it isn't 100% free of oil. You could clean for days and never get it as clean as they will. doesn't mean it won't still need a good scrubbing when you get it back. It will. But the block will be free of any oil, old paint, etc.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Couldn't have said it any better than that!

·
Distinguished Member
5,772 Posts
If your having it magged, let the shop do it. They will run it thru the oven a bake the thing to death. I would be surprised they would mag it if it isn't 100% free of oil. You could clean for days and never get it as clean as they will. doesn't mean it won't still need a good scrubbing when you get it back. It will. But the block will be free of any oil, old paint, etc.
FWIW, that's how I roll...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I PMd Joey Grose and I am going to take it to him!!! He responded immediately with a great price. Why would I not take it to the MAN!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Hey Fleet...why are you gonna use that block over again?? I thought it was wrecked when that cast crank broke!!!!! LOL
X2, Ask Aquacrap where you should bring it.:)hand

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
There ya go Fleet, take it to Aquafag. He be in NORCAL and mite be in your hood. From his other posts he has WAY BETTER home grown or he is on crack. Just sayin, lol.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
you guys just jinxed the thread, sure he'll be on here telling you to soak it
in panther piss for a week- like his uncle/brother told him!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts