Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason that a block with block filler should not be hot tanked? Is there any effect on the filler? Block is clean, but it had bearing shell shavings go trough it.Gonna hone it and ring and bearing it. (crank and rod have been repaired already)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Should not be a problem.
Run it through a spray washer.. like a big dish washer. (some shops call them both a hot tank) (most shops use a spray wash before final assembly, not a hot tank)
Will not affect anything.
Wags

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Our local shop used to have a HOT TANK (chemical tank) it would remove anything that was not metal on the motor, EPA has since forced them to use a washer system, using hot water.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
MY MACHINE SHOP has both a hot tank and a jet wash, the hot tank is for
stripping everything off the block,( say goodbye to cam bearings) while the jet wash is like was said," a big dishwasher" for cleaning less dirty stuff

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had 3 tanks in my mach. shop, 2 "dish washers" one with "soap" for anything & one with caustic for c/I blocks & heads & an old school tank with a nasty solution of caustic for the flatheads, block filler should be expoxy & not be effected by anything in today's shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts