Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are most guys having the best luck with? what brand is the lightest and best? we're 1/2 filling a standard deck bbc up to the freeze plugs and not sure what brand to go with and how much we'll need.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quickcrete use a 80lb bag mix with warm water :p:p:p:p:psorry couldnt hepl myself:)grn
lol, that's what my uncle's machinist said:D think i hurt his feelings when i laughed about it. i know some guys use that concrete repair stuff, but i'd rather him buy the block specific stuff;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
785 Posts
do they still make block rock ?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i need something that is really gonna reinforce the webbing, this thing will see 30+lbs boost;)

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
We have used the Moroso block filler in all of our drag racing engines with good luck (Moroso part #35570).

If this is a GM block, you might as well not waste your time putting it together if you're going to run 30lbs of boost.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
We have used the Moroso block filler in all of our drag racing engines with good luck (Moroso part #35570).

If this is a GM block, you might as well not waste your time putting it together if you're going to run 30lbs of boost.
i agree:Dits a turbo dealio:)grn

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Use a better block or reduce the boose! Hard bloc is in my 2 motors but, it's not that critical on mine! WT:)devil

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a brand new Dart block.
Should I even be thinking of doing a 1/2 fill?????

Jim

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I have a brand new Dart block.
Should I even be thinking of doing a 1/2 fill?????

Jim
Jim I do not think you need block filler unless you are running mega HP and or Boost and a Dart block is already stronger than a stock block! WT:)devil

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Hey guys, just reading through the thread, and wondering. What's the advantage of filling the block? Strength only?

PS> Is this used for drag racing only?

Darrell.
Darrell, Filling a stock block keeps the block from destorting under hard load and high RPM! Just my .02 WT:)devil

·
Registered
629 Posts
Jim I do not think you need block filler unless you are running mega HP and or Boost and a Dart block is already stronger than a stock block! WT:)devil
509 BBC at 15 lbs running corn.

Jim

·
Registered
939 Posts
block filler

I have a merlin block, half filled. Recently punched a rod out, through the pan. Only issue with the block is a little more clearence under the cam rail. Little grinding to clean up, hone the cylinder and good to go. Money well spent.

Jerry

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tom i hope you learned your lesson on the last gm block;)tell billy to buy a good damn block so there is no problems:|errif not okay milkshake time again:p
its not my motor, i just put it down on paper and i'm helping with the build,ordering parts;) the block he's got is a highnickel 4bolt and sonic tested great, its never been rebuilt/bored(we took it to 60 over) and the mains are still super tight with the block.not to concerned about it, lots of guys doin it already for yrs. he'll be able to run up to 32-34lbs, but the boat will be ran on pump gas and 14-16lbs of boost 95% of the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.