Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type/brand paint is everyone using on interior of engine block & cyl. Heads to aid in oil drain back. Seems I remember Glyptol(sp) think it was put out by GE for elec. motors. thanks, Phil

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Some guy
3,615 Posts
Speedomotive used to use some kind of aerosol stuff that looked great, seems like someone else told me that Rustoleum has a good product. It never seemed necessary to me with large capacity marine pans.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
It never seemed necessary to me with large capacity marine pans.
Its right next to useless. Once there is a boundry layer of oil on the valley walls, the oil doesn't return any faster. All the paint does is slow the heat transfer from the oil to the water via the iron, and POSSIBLY seal off any sand that "MAY" be present.
I haven't painted the insides of a block since high school. Better things to do with my precious time when assembling a motor.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks GN7, was thinking about ordering some, glad you posted how you really feel about it, your slipping or you would have put it in your first post. :))THumbsUp Again thanks for the advise, Phil :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts