Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ,My trip to Las Vegas had one somewhat lasting effect on me , I developed a "taste" for Bloody Marys (Hot) (previous couldn't gag one down) and although strictly a occasional weekend AM ,thing I am on a quest for a really good recipe ? anyone ? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
268 Posts
A good size glass to start, at least 12 ounces, 16 is better. Fill with ice. Ice is key to any drink, always fill the glass.
2 oz of vodka, Absolute or Stoli as a benchmark, increase quality from there.
Shake in a lot of celery salt
add a couple good shots of worchestershire
add some horse radish for spicy kick
shake in some seasoning pepper
some people add tobasco but I think it's too pronounced of a flavor
pour in some olive jjuice, about a tea spoon
stir or shake well
add healthy celery stalk and enjoy. Any variables of these ingredients will season to your taste.
Add green olives and mini onions on toothpics too, kinda make a breakfaft out of it with the vegies.

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Use Clamato instead of Tomato.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Southwest Specialty Foods.....Habanero Bloody Mary from Hell mix ......good stuff on a nice chilly weekend morning.

·
sometimes Mr. LLGirl ;)
435 Posts
A good size glass to start, at least 12 ounces, 16 is better. Fill with ice. Ice is key to any drink, always fill the glass.
2 oz of vodka, Absolute or Stoli as a benchmark, increase quality from there.
Shake in a lot of celery salt
add a couple good shots of worchestershire
add some horse radish for spicy kick
shake in some seasoning pepper
some people add tobasco but I think it's too pronounced of a flavor
pour in some olive jjuice, about a tea spoon
stir or shake well
add healthy celery stalk and enjoy. Any variables of these ingredients will season to your taste.
Add green olives and mini onions on toothpics too, kinda make a breakfaft out of it with the vegies.
That's gonna be a horrible bloody right there. The ingredients are perfect. Except for one thing. Your missing the mix :p Mr & Mrs T's spicy is the perfect mix for us. Also, add asparagus, and a couple cooked jumbo shrimp to the mix, and it's a meal.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's gonna be a horrible bloody right there. The ingredients are perfect. Except for one thing. Your missing the mix :p Mr & Mrs T's spicy is the perfect mix for us. Also, add asparagus, and a couple cooked jumbo shrimp to the mix, and it's a meal.
Now that starting to sound like a Chef salad :)

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Oh man, someone bring me one...that would be great right now!!

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
You are correct grasshopper!! A very popular drink in Canada!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I prefer clamato also.....thanks Tom....now I gotta go to the liquor store.:buddies:

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
New Orleans recipe.....

Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix
Horseradish
Tabasco
Creole Seasoning
Worstershire
Celery Salt
I like Absolut Pepper Vodka
Celery
Olives
Marinated green beans
Marinated Okra speer
etc.....:thumb:

·
Registered
268 Posts

Oops, that's what i get for posting in the middle of the night! Use spicy V-8 or tomato juice.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW years back we made these from something called "Snap eTom" but cant find this on the shelves ? anyone else ? BTW WOW what a great bunch of recipes gonna be mixing these for the holiday guests over the coming weeks Headed for Bevmo ! Thanks Everyone ! Tom

·
Registered
357 Posts
New Orleans recipe.....

Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix
Horseradish
Tabasco
Creole Seasoning
Worstershire
Celery Salt
I like Absolut Pepper Vodka
Celery
Olives
Marinated green beans
Marinated Okra speer
etc.....:thumb:
:yes: This is how we do it.

·
Full Of It.
787 Posts
I have tried many mixes and I really have a fondness for Mr and Mrs T's Bold And Spicy mix. Its great.

I add a splash of the juice from the green olives jar.

I also add some ground pepper. Freshly ground is best.

Skyy Vodka is good enough to be drowned in juice, without feeling like I am wasting
Goose or Ketel 1.

Garnish with a wood skewer with pickled asparagus, pickled green beans, or standard celery. I put a couple stuffed green olives on the stick, as well as a lime wedge. Top off with a fresh grind of pepper.....oh yeah boy!

i make up a jug of this mix the night before, and take it along with us to play golf almost every sunday morning. Add it to a tuna/bacon sandwich on rye bread, a nice cigar, and you have a fricken holiday in your mouth! :yikes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts