Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Tom,

We just finished up one on a buddy's 63 split window vette Pro Mod and I think it will work great in a boat set up as well!! I will try to get you some pic's tomarrow afternoon.

Travis

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sorry for the delay guys, just havent made it over to his shop as soon as I thought I would! Here are a few pic's of what we built to give you an idea....

This was done in chrome molly and painted black, it could be sent out and chromed or done in stainless and polished, etc.... We were also thinking for the boats with back seats we could fab some tabs around the front inside edge that are drilled/taped for small machine screws to attach clear plexiglass to it!

Thanks

Travis

Attachments

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Mine are full covers, about 1/4" material that connect to about 2"X4" right angle alum. brackets held to the block by spacers and bolts connected to the water passages. Let me know if you want detailed pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so far boys , Jan at lightning made me a basic "cover" its the "attaching" thats the delima I just wasn't nuts about the "stainless all thread" and tubing attachment method , still getting ideas Tom

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Thanks so far boys , Jan at lightning made me a basic "cover" its the "attaching" thats the delima I just wasn't nuts about the "stainless all thread" and tubing attachment method , still getting ideas Tom

You can also build a bracket that attaches to a bolt on the bottom of the gear cover under the top pully and then attaches thru the front of the cover for extra stability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts