Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hullshot!

I want to know if Acatitude's carbs will work on my engine.

850s from his blower application...

My ZZ502, naturally aspirated, turns 5200 rpm with an 800 Holley, Vac Sec, Electric Choke.

I'm using it in a Berk jet application. The jet is a Stainless "A" cut.

I don't want to hold him up on the sale. If they will work in my boat I'll jump on them.

Mark

Attachments

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hullshot

I have heard through the grapevine you might have a couple of Enginas laying around the garage.

I'm looking to replace my 502. I thought I wanted a 572.

What chu got?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
the old carbs are actually nickerson 780's. Yes a 502 can run a 750cfm carb with no issues and make decent power, so a 780 will work just that much better. I dont think they were boost referenced carbs either. I was also thinking of getting them just to have.
Yes I have a few motors but all are race gas motors only.

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

To Don for the acurate info and to Ken for the opportunity to pick up some nice hardware. PTC, enjoy.
Thanks to Don for the loaner to test.

Mark
:)devil

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
hey Mark, in the spam section someone has a nice set of water cooled jet boat basset through transom headers, dont know price but would wake that motor up some.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey Norm, some nice young man who has a boat that runs. I have had those sitting in my garage for years and knowing your boat will be sitting for years I figured someone who could use them this decade would be the logical choice... :D:p
you can always count on your friends to kick you night in the ruts when you could use words of encouragement. Thanks guy's, I am going to go curl up in the fetal position and cry now.

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Headers

hey Mark, in the spam section someone has a nice set of water cooled jet boat basset through transom headers, dont know price but would wake that motor up some.
Hey Don,
I didn't go to corona this weekend. I'm gonna put the carb on tomorrow am.
I couldn't find the headers. Thanks for the heads up.:)hand

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Carb is ON!

Don,
The carb is on. Let's do the deal. I am very happy with the "bolt on" performance. I will test and tune now.
I took videos of the carb running. Can't upload AVI. WTeff?

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Anybody have either a dual quad blower carb or tunnel ram fuel line setup with regulator already to go for these sideways carbs that they want to sell? Hard line or SS flex lines whatcha got.

I know you guys always have some kind of junk laying around in those garages collecting dust.... ;)

Let me know

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts