Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
A blower newbe here, but I'd guess probably not. I do know it would LOVE alcohol!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have a 12 to 1 454 and would like to know if I can put a gas blower on it , using racing gas?
Of course you can. It will not work, though. Your pistons will e stuck to the cylinder walls/ torched at the first whack of the throttle. You could run it on methanol. With the right cam it will run its ass off.
Wags

·
Gone
1,833 Posts
There was a guy.....who bought all the parts for a machine shop to put his deal together and bought 11.5 to 1 pistons for it. The machine shop knew it was a blown deal and yet they put the motor together anyway. The blower was a "good" 8/71. They put the blower at 1 to 1. The thing lived in a Sanger hydro at 8500 rpm and never hurt a thing. 5 years.
Racing gas. And we are at 4500 ft static elevation.
468 BBC. Now on alcohol.
I don't recommend but there ya go.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Of course you can. Your motor can live, but it will blow your wallet all to hell. Ask me how I know.
Well no wonder!!:)bulb 6k RPM and no oil pressure :mad:

Oh yea, we've talked about this already :D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
If You Can
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course you can. It will not work, though. Your pistons will e stuck to the cylinder walls/ torched at the first whack of the throttle. You could run it on methanol. With the right cam it will run its ass off.
Wags
Thanks guys. Now I can't come looking for you wags. You and Ed will just have to beat each other up without me. :D

·
Banned
204 Posts
most of the succesful Alcohol deals stay nearer 11.5 to one, 12 is to high and unless you really back timing off, it'll murder itself in no time, I would suggest "blowing" that Idea off.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have seen 25psi on 10:1 with c-16 on a 540.....

What boost numbers are you looking for?

Travis

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Not going here but 12 to 1 with a blower and gas is do-able depending on the heads, block, and as stated already the drive ratio intended. But again as already stated it could be a perfect alcohol deal, depending on the rest of the combo. Saying no to an open question like that is not a good idea without more detail. IMLAO.

·
Big Boys Toys
348 Posts
Anyone tried a 12 to 1 blown injected motor on E 85? Is there enough alcohol in it make it possible? If not how far can a river flat go on 20 gallon of methanol? 454, 8-71, birdcatcher, steel heads about 900 hp.

·
WHERE I AM IDAHO
925 Posts
i run a 392 hemi with a crower injector now 871 littlefield 20 pounds boost thru a intercooler on 115 gas but static is 7 1/2 to 1 with 32 adv. total timing no problems

1 - 20 of 22 Posts