Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the cam in my boat a lifter was going out just caught it before it went all the way out. so I was checking some things. Had my blower restriped. And I checked out my My intercooler it was Half way clogged with small pieces of wood, sand etc. Has anybody had this problem, Has anybody checked. I don't want to put a sea strainer on a jet that that wood be funny.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Changing the cam in my boat a lifter was going out just caught it before it went all the way out. so I was checking some things. Had my blower restriped. And I checked out my My intercooler it was Half way clogged with small pieces of wood, sand etc. Has anybody had this problem, Has anybody checked. I don't want to put a sea strainer on a jet that that wood be funny.
I ran a sand strainer Hardin Marine around 500 bucks it actually trapped fine sand

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
well it sure sounds like it would be smart........ :idea:

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
I run one of the hardin marine ones on a 557 bbf with blower and intercooler, always amazes me how much junk there is in the sand filter, always real careful where starting it too.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sea strainer

SEA STRAINER Well I guess I will install one when I find a new Lee core. Anybody have a Lee intercooler core let me no.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Question

Im running my chiller off the bypass so it gets water only under throttle.

Im looking at running the Hardin Marine Intercooler Fine Mesh Sand & Sea Strainer ( P/N 625-4620 )

Should I plumb it after the bypass so it strains the superchiller water only? Or plumb it so the unit strains all water (engine & intercooler) direct from the Berkeley?

As it is a finer micron strainer to capture sand, perhaps it requires a larger micron strainer like a Groco unit ahead of it to capture any larger contaminants??

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
SEA STRAINER Well I guess I will install one when I find a new Lee core. Anybody have a Lee intercooler core let me no.
The Lee cooler is a great cooler, and actually does a slightly better job of cooling than the Super Chiller, but the Lee is more prone to clogging than the SC is. I have both, and the channels in the Lee are down right small compared to the SC. Just one of the reasons its more efficient.

Plus jets are more prone to pushing stuff thru the chiller if plumbed from the pump, or even a drag system. Jets can go where V drives and I/Os dare not tread.

A Lee cooler and a jet combo is the perfect application for a strainer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
208 Posts
Im looking at running the Hardin Marine Intercooler Fine Mesh Sand & Sea Strainer ( P/N 625-4620 )

Should I plumb it after the bypass so it strains the superchiller water only? Or plumb it so the unit strains all water (engine & intercooler) direct from the Berkeley?

The Hardin is meant for intercooler use only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts