Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a blown Chevy close by help me....

I am mocking up my 496ci Big Block Chev in my Bahner and need to know the distance from the front of the block (timing cover surface) to the end of the crank blower pulley. I will be running 1V accessory pulley & 6-bolt multi keyway balancer with standard blower assembly (8/71 kit).

Trying to determine how far the crank pulley will sit out from the front of the block so I can allow myself enough room to glass in a bulkhead. (Haven't purchased a blower kit yet)

Anyone got a similar setup on their ride or sitting in the garage that they can take a quick measurement for me?

I'm guessing 6"???

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Lee, from the Timing Cover bolt flange to the end of the pulley I have 7 1/2". That is with a dampener as well as a 2V pulley.

Good luck...........john

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lee, from the Timing Cover bolt flange to the end of the pulley I have 7 1/2". That is with a dampener as well as a 2V pulley.

Good luck...........john
Yikes that's a long way! Thanks John you the man.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Bahner, jrork's measurement with a 2V pulley. That adds about 3/4. And IceCreaman's appears to be from the front of the motor plate, not the timing cover surface.

Keep in mind that some dampers put the pulley at a different point. My ATI is very close to a plain hub, but my ProRace sets it further from the block by about 1/4". A Romac would be very very close to the length of the ProRace.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bahner, jrork's measurement with a 2V pulley. That adds about 3/4. And IceCreaman's appears to be from the front of the motor plate, not the timing cover surface.

Keep in mind that some dampers put the pulley at a different point. My ATI is very close to a plain hub, but my ProRace sets it further from the block by about 1/4". A Romac would be very very close to the length of the ProRace.
Thanks Bob.

Yeah noticed Icecreamans measurement from the front of his cover. While i mock up the engine, i am measuring from timing cover mounting surface on the block.
I am using a Powerbond Race series 6-bolt, multi keyway BBC blower balancer, made right here in my home town by Precision parts in Australia. (Different company to whom makes the Romac)
Its SFI approved, laser engraved, real nice piece and the shop is only 5 mins away.

Perhaps i will allow myself a good 10" to be safe. (Need to be able to get a socket wrench on the front of the crank without having to pull the motor!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts