Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4"spacer that goes between the blower and the manifold (not an inner cooler). what do they do, any power gain,??????

·
Canoe Jockey
1,130 Posts
On some blower drives (13.9) the belt only is made in one length. Sometimes you have to raise the blower so you can use other drive ratios

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
On some blower drives (13.9) the belt only is made in one length. Sometimes you have to raise the blower so you can use other drive ratios
Which why nobody in the right mind runs a 13.9 belt. In a 14MM belt you can have any length belt you can imagine. Mayne not from a blower shop. But the 14MM Gates GT belt is one of the most widely used industrial drive belts on earth. You would have to doubt the intelligence of somebody deliberately choosing to run a 13.9 belt.

The single biggest reason I know of for someone using spacer under a blower is to get it to clear a dizzy on something like a Ford FE or 385 series engine, or to clear a 14-71 on a Chevy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bob and every one else for the info. i have one sitting on the shelf, but if there is no power gain im not going to use it. i have a offset msd pro mag 20, and it clears my 8-71 no problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
spacers are good

Don't worry about the tiny extra amout of "hole" created, thats filled in a micro second, the pressure at the end of the garden hose is the same as the pressure at the faucet,,, there is NO boost loss, but your spacer WILL act like a big heat sink and add some performance cooling the fuel charge, you will notice your motor surging longer etc, and the looks are obviously way better than your blower stuck in the valve covers. once you run a spacer you'll never go back to no spacer....

·
CLASSIC HOTBOATER
739 Posts
thanks bob and every one else for the info. i have one sitting on the shelf, but if there is no power gain im not going to use it. i have a offset msd pro mag 20, and it clears my 8-71 no problem.
do you still have the spacer for sale tim 540 871 4833

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Which why nobody in the right mind runs a 13.9 belt. In a 14MM belt you can have any length belt you can imagine. Mayne not from a blower shop. But the 14MM Gates GT belt is one of the most widely used industrial drive belts on earth. You would have to doubt the intelligence of somebody deliberately choosing to run a 13.9 belt.

The single biggest reason I know of for someone using spacer under a blower is to get it to clear a dizzy on something like a Ford FE or 385 series engine, or to clear a 14-71 on a Chevy.
I run a 13.9 I don't have a problem and I know i'm not in my right mind or I probably would have never got into boat racing. But I like it. ( ps thou when I got into the K,s the only belts that were available were the 8 mm and the 13.9 and the square tooth junk. )

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I guess I was lucky and never needed a blower belt until the non sense of using a specialized unavailable size was passed history. The old 1/2 sq pitch belts were an industrial standard and still are, as are the Poly Chain 8 and 14 MM belts. I ask for a 13.9 belt at my industrial drive supplier and he looks at me like I have 2 heads and 4 eyes. Ask for a Gates 14MM Poly Chain and the next 3 questions are, what length, what width, and carbon or non carbon. Never said "carbon" yet because my wallet isn't that thick:happy:

I am pretty sure the 13.9 is the brain child of RCD. Why, I have no idea.
Seems alot of racers going to 11mm belts now. Go figure.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
640 Posts
The 11mm 85 width is the daddy......But like 340.00. I got lucky and bought 20 from a fuel racer that couldnt use em for 175 each.
Only two lengths though.
Had a hard time with belt length on my PSI conversion, 1792 length and have very little wiggle room

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The 11mm 85 width is the daddy......But like 340.00. I got lucky and bought 20 from a fuel racer that couldnt use em for 175 each.
Only two lengths though.
Had a hard time with belt length on my PSI conversion, 1792 length and have very little wiggle room
they only use them for one pass and thats it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts