Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have a 557 BBF, putting an 8-71 on it, I have a bds intake and the msd distributor hits the bottom of the blower,(to tall) So I bought a superchiller to put on and now half to flip and 180 the chiller to fit, problem is, I'm still about a 1/2 inch away from getting dist cap on, Looks like I'm going to have to modify chiller end cap to fit. I'm dead set against using anything mallory and msd dosnt have a crap cap for the ford distys.

Any ideas or suggestions to make this easier? Just wish BDS made there manifold about and in taller thats all ! thanks

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Hello, have a 557 BBF, putting an 8-71 on it, I have a bds intake and the msd distributor hits the bottom of the blower,(to tall) So I bought a superchiller to put on and now half to flip and 180 the chiller to fit, problem is, I'm still about a 1/2 inch away from getting dist cap on, Looks like I'm going to have to modify chiller end cap to fit. I'm dead set against using anything mallory and msd dosnt have a crap cap for the ford distys.

Any ideas or suggestions to make this easier? Just wish BDS made there manifold about and in taller thats all ! thanks

Cam drive the dissy -

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
does it have the big msd cap that's 2 piece or the short coil lug style?

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put a vertex on it & be done with it
It has short, small cap from msd, I originally had a new hunt mag in it, but when on the dyno, the mag seemed to have erratic timing, so popped in the msd system and gain 60 hp so that was the answer to the mag, imo.

·
21' Daytona
395 Posts
Wow, thanks for postin up a pic of my engine. LOLYFE if you PM me I can help you for less than $100 and an hiurs time. All the parts you need are local for you, an easy solution. No $$$ to me, just a simple convo on the phone and I can help you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts