Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped in blythe on the way home from Scottsdale, had to take a swim in the river and stood waist deep in the middle about a 1/4 mile from rivera.

is the whole strip that low or just in certain spots?

I have a 24' Day cruiser w/jet will I be ok?

Thanks guys

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Sure there are shallow spots. There are also deep spots. Ya just got to read the river and if your in the shallow, speed up. I got a 21 jet and all is good. There are quite a few pontoons and other I/O's, so you should be fine.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I stopped in blythe on the way home from Scottsdale, had to take a swim in the river and stood waist deep in the middle about a 1/4 mile from rivera.

Thanks guys
What time of the day was it when you took your dip? I don't (or at least haven't yet) boated Blythe, but at Big River it's low in the mornings. This weekend and weekend before last was real good and the water was deep enough to boat at 10:00 am. Possibly even earlier if you know where the shallows are. Someiimes it doesn't come up until 1:00 pm and on certain days it never really comes up (thursdays I'm told).

There's a guy that boats out of Big River and owns a 32' HTM with an outdrive.

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
We boated all weekend in Blythe and on sunday we ran from the diversion dam all the way down to walters camp and back. The water was up really good all weekend for us. I was running a 19 foot liberty with a wacker. gotta love running 56 miles on 12 gallons.:)devil

·
northern member
602 Posts
DJD;228790 I was running a 19 foot liberty with a wacker. gotta love running 56 miles on 12 gallons.:)devil[/QUOTE said:
;) ya gotta like a guy with probably one of the nastier jets around admiting his other boat runs a wacker , funny how a lot of peeps bash the ol wackers when most everybody started with one . my old cvx 16 with a in-line 6 merc would go a long ways up river before i would turn around and never did run out and it only had a 12 or 13 gal. tank :D i was faster than most of the inboards at the time and burnt around half the fuel of even the smallblocks :)sphss

·
Large Member
679 Posts
We boated all weekend in Blythe and on sunday we ran from the diversion dam all the way down to walters camp and back. The water was up really good all weekend for us. I was running a 19 foot liberty with a wacker. gotta love running 56 miles on 12 gallons.:)devil
Now come on Danny, I know that's not true. You guys actually ran your boats up and down the river? Just messing with you. I still want to do the trip from Blythe to Yuma. and back, but I really don't think Sweet Sixteen will make it. I ran from Imperial Dam to Pacheco last year and burned half my fuel. How far is Walters from Yuma? Is there fuel at Walters. How long did it take you guys to make the trip to Walters?

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
ya gotta like a guy with probably one of the nastier jets around admiting his other boat runs a wacker , funny how a lot of peeps bash the ol wackers when most everybody started with one . my old cvx 16 with a in-line 6 merc would go a long ways up river before i would turn around and never did run out and it only had a 12 or 13 gal. tank i was faster than most of the inboards at the time and burnt around half the fuel of even the smallblocks
I have no shame that my other ride is a wacker its quiet and runs 80 for as far as you want to possibly sit in a boat. Oh and it starts everytime you hit the key. Its also kinda cool to listen to the stereo while cruising. I could get used to runnin an alluminum deal up and down river and bouncing off the sandars like they are nothing.:)devil

Now come on Danny, I know that's not true. You guys actually ran your boats up and down the river? Just messing with you. I still want to do the trip from Blythe to Yuma. and back, but I really don't think Sweet Sixteen will make it. I ran from Imperial Dam to Pacheco last year and burned half my fuel. How far is Walters from Yuma? Is there fuel at Walters. How long did it take you guys to make the trip to Walters?
It took us about 45 minutes to get from the dam to walters but we were running an average of probably 55 with some mid 80 mph bursts. They have gas at walters also and a restraunt and a bar with a pool table. I think walters is about the half way point from us where we launch from and it only took me like 12 gallons to make the trip. I could have done better on fuel but it was calm and quiet so why not open her up and stretch her legs? We are gonna make the trip again over the 4th.

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
Hey Danny what happened to you guys saturday (Hung over?) and did you guys get Mikes truck fixed?
Hung BAD we never went to bed that night so we didnt make it far. We hung out in goose flats for a few hours on sunday but never saw ya. We got Mikes truck fixed saturday evening,i called a buddy that i deal with down here where i live and he had it in stock for about 300 dollars less than Ford. When are ya heading back out?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yeah the little misses and i went to parker sat. night and hung out with a buddy on sunday there. I had to get my foxes fix. I am headed back out his weekend to actually put some time on the pile and try to get it to do something. Would it be possible to stop on the way and get that linkage peace oooorrrrr you could drag your ass out!!!!:)grn

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
There's a guy that boats out of Big River and owns a 32' HTM with an outdrive.

If your talking about the orange and white one its a 24', I don't think a 32' would make it that far;) :D

Classicboats - Like Squirtcha said water is usually up by 10am, except thursdays because thats irrigation day. My Dad runs a hurricane toon with composite bottom and an I/O and as long as the water is up there's no worries, just gotta know where the low spots are.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sorry about the thread jack, down where im at the water fluctuates quite a bit but as long as you know how to read the river in a jet your fine, sometimes you have to walk your boat out of the coves or our marina. Im about 7 miles below the 10 freeway.

·
Blythe, Ca
86 Posts

Thanks guys
All you need is waist deep.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts