Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the holding rope in Waco this afternoon to see boat #298. I recognized the boat from sitting on the rope with the same hull back in 1986. She is a red Cheyenne that was the second jetboat Jerry Wallace ran under the name Smokin' and Strokin'. Still a nice running boat. I think the driver may be Mouse Tucker. Said he was the only #298 in the South..

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts

The boat looked great he ran an 8.33 first pass with a mild tune up in her... theres a lot left in the deal.. I cant wait to here what she runs sunday morning.. Good luck guys keep us posted and kick some tail in the 8.00 class........:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was on the holding rope in Waco this afternoon to see boat #298. I recognized the boat from sitting on the rope with the same hull back in 1986. She is a red Cheyenne that was the second jetboat Jerry Wallace ran under the name Smokin' and Strokin'. Still a nice running boat. I think the driver may be Mouse Tucker. Said he was the only #298 in the South..

Now come on Gearhead....

I was on the rope right beside that red Cheyenne and I distinctly remember him saying that he was the "...REAL 298....!...."

Good to see you this weekend and as was already mentioned, you've really got the boat looking good going down the track...

See you soon...

...:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I raced the REAL 298 at Lake Castaic CA in 1987.Jerry was driving it.That's before he stepped up to TFJ. :D

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
like i said before, throw some race win and championship numbers up there for comparison, and then decide who the "real 298" is...

just because noah had 298 on the arc doesn't mean it's "the real" 298... :)hand

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Last time I paired up with the 298 the rope was tangled around his neck LOL

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Last time I paired up with the 298 the rope was tangled around his neck LOL
lol. i could mention seeing a 516 scoop launch about 300' in the air on the rope at firebird, but i won't... ya know, you go sit out there 1000-2000 times, something embarrasing will eventually happen.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
lol. i could mention seeing a 516 scoop launch about 300' in the air on the rope at firebird, but i won't... ya know, you go sit out there 1000-2000 times, something embarrasing will eventually happen.
That was a fun weekend LOL

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
like i said before, throw some race win and championship numbers up there for comparison, and then decide who the "real 298" is...

just because noah had 298 on the arc doesn't mean it's "the real" 298... :)hand
Maybe ya should call it "THE REAL #1". :)hand

1 - 13 of 13 Posts