Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are You Guys using for boat covers?
I want to buy a cover that is off the shelf and not have one custom made. How do i go about accounting for the engine height with a scoop.
what hull type cover would look for ,because I havent seen one that specifies low pro v-hull jet boats. The cover would need to be big enough to fit an 18-19 ft with enough to cover the engine with a tall scoop.....Hal

·
Registered
354 Posts
nothing better than a garage, but a good cover is well worth the expence. keeps the animals and the sun out of your boat. nothing worse than a cat pissing in your carpet.

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I use a good breathable cover first then a grey tarp on top and still allowing the first to breath. Has kept my first good tarp in great shape but the tarp gets replaced a few times a year.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any one use a trailerable cove during towing? I was looking at the trailerable covers from west marine. They are almost 300 dollars and
was wondering if it is even a good idea to even tow with the cover on. I have a garage to park in but want a cover to keep dirt and dbris out fwom working in the garage and to cover in the parking lot when at the hotel or camp ground while on trips

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Any one use a trailerable cove during towing? I was looking at the trailerable covers from west marine. They are almost 300 dollars and
was wondering if it is even a good idea to even tow with the cover on. I have a garage to park in but want a cover to keep dirt and dbris out fwom working in the garage and to cover in the parking lot when at the hotel or camp ground while on trips
I would say no to towing with the cover on. A little dust dirt and debris under the cover and with the wind action on the cover you now have a rolling orbital sander on the gel. Just my .02 and maybe others can chime in on their experience with covers, but I wont tow with one.

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I would say no to towing with the cover on. A little dust dirt and debris under the cover and with the wind action on the cover you now have a rolling orbital sander on the gel. Just my .02 and maybe others can chime in on their experience with covers, but I wont tow with one.
x2 and just bring some detail supplies.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Been buying selling and using heavy cotton duck Grey generic covers for 20 years now on my own boats plus I keep several for customers boats (who dont remember to bring covers) these are water resistant and the "tent" well (cover blowers Trams and headers) most have Heavy perimeter shock cords sewn in to keep them tight and Cat proof , the are kind to paint and gel and they have tow loops added I have always admired the high dollar Custom made tow cover but could never justify the expense . As said Canvas cloth tarps "breathe" , anything plastic "sweats" and cause rust and corrosion Tom

·
Registered
995 Posts
towing cover

You can tow with a proper fitting c.over on a gelcoated boat. but NO on a painted boat

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You can tow with a proper fitting c.over on a gelcoated boat. but NO on a painted boat
Hey Pat! How Ya been? :)hand I have'nt seen or heard from You in a while. I hope You have been well.....Hal

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently had a custom fitted cover made, small buisness not really sure of the name of the company because its a friend of mine but I have contact information if you are interested to PM me.

I am extreamly happy with the cover and it was very reasonably priced, more then a generic fitting cover of corse but I have towed with it and let it sit out in the monsoon around here. They build Aircraft covers and recently started to get into the boat covers but you wont be dissapointed!

-Trevor

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
I Use A Wal Mart Cover For My Daytona. I Just Bought The Biggest One I Could Find And Turned It Around Backwards. The Back Part Fits Tightly Over the Forks. Boat Stays Indoors But It Works For Keeping The Dust Off Of It And Also When Keeping The Boat Outside Overnight At The River.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I Use A Wal Mart Cover For My Daytona. I Just Bought The Biggest One I Could Find And Turned It Around Backwards. The Back Part Fits Tightly Over the Forks. Boat Stays Indoors But It Works For Keeping The Dust Off Of It And Also When Keeping The Boat Outside Overnight At The River.
X2................egg zactly. Cepting fer I don't turn it around backards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts