Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess someone died to day at Folsom when the boat flipped. One survived the other died. Not good....

·
Live it!
215 Posts
Happened just outside the 5mph at Browns Hobie Ramp. Boat went down and took a life-very sad scene.
Divers retireved the body right before dusk. From what I heard boat may be retieved this morning.

Condolences to to the families.

Please, please wear those life jackets.

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
That Sucks. My condolinces to all involved.
Some of us think this will not happen to me.Reality
Please where those life jackets..

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Any details as to what kind of boat and what they were doing??
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for there families.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
BillDoe called me this morning, apparently the guy who lived is a friend of his. I didn't get a lot of solid info, just that the boat may have caught an edge and barrel rolled. He said the guy remembers seeing the boat go down like a rock, nose up, with the bow split (deck separated from the hull). But this is all third hand info. Don't count on the accuracy. Hopefully Bill will fill us in with better information.

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
RIP Tony and Get well soon Frank

Yes that was a good friend of mines boat and the passenger i knew also . they were out doing 60-70 mph hot passes and was doing a long wide turn at 45-55 mph and caught a wave as he was turning and cought the chine and barrel rolled the boat . my buddy got tossed from the boat and not sure what happen to the passener if he went down with the boat or if the boat hit him as it was barrel rolling . all i know is my buddy was shook up really bad losing his Best friend and business partner . we were out last weekend at CFW and seemed like the boat was running the best it has so far and was a good weekend for both of us getting some testing done on mine and dialing his in alil better ... some of you might know him we were at Putah Creek last Nov. he has the green with purple flames Wright boat with the massive stereo in the back seat . this boat was his new boat he was building a Blower motor for and was just running this engine till his blower set up was done .. the boat that wrecked was a 77 Riviera v-drive . kinda a wierd bottom to the boat its like a v-hull with about a 1 foot wide flat spot down the center of the boat .. never seen a v-drive like it before ... anyway all i can say is WEAR YOUR DAMN LIFEVEST . he might have been saved if he was wearing one !!!!
very sad day RIP Tony .

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sorry to hear this Bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since mine sunk I have preached life jackets. Maybe peeps will now listen.

My thoughts and prayers are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
just a member
614 Posts
went out to Folsom today and actually had a lady drive up to us while prepping the boat to launch to ask us to please be careful today and told me acout this accident. Its Thoughts and prayers for the family.

We made sure to wear our life jackets today.

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Yes he had his Old boat which he still has at CFW on NY's day . he sat out in middle of lake most the day watching ppl make passes taking pics and video .. we took my motorhome to the lake and camped on NY's . his friend that died yesterday was not with us on NY's but did go with us to many trips out to cfw over the past cpl yrs. the driver and me are both new to v-drives and still getting the feel for the boats . we've heard so many horror stories of boat wrecks and always said to each other every trip out be safe and have fun dont do anything stupid . last week @ CFW his boat gps'd at 69 mph and 71 mph that wrecked yesterday ... so its not a high speed boat and this happen at around 45-55 mph . just shows you dont have to have a fast boat to have a horrible wreck .. anyway be safe out there people . BTW ALCOHOL WAS NOT a factor in this accident .. he was tested for dui and had not been drinking ...was just a freak accident :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Very sad, go's to show you never no when it can happen. Always wear those life vest's and kill switch. Prayers go out to family and freinds.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Very sorry to hear this

I met him at PCR in Novermber - good people. Just a reminder we all need to wear our gear and look after each other and this is a reminder, when you least expect it stuff like this happens. Our condolences to all family and friends. God speed. LSR

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would really like to see what the back of the boat looks like. To see how it was set up? I have seen some real freaky thing at low speed that have hurt people. Getting use to a flaty or cav plats take a long time even at 45 to 55 mph. It goes to show us all that we need to be ex termly careful on the water.All of us here at our shop thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been affected.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts