Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Bondsman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my name is Steve, I am looking for info on a Hondo that I baught. The previous owner told me it was a speed record holder in California during the early 70's. It was previously named " black power" or "Blackpower". Does anyone in here have have any info on this. When we purchased it from a friend named Frank Vonderwall it was named "Midnight Special".

Thanks for your help.

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
early '70s I saw the "Black Power" dragboat in a detail shop being waxed in san jose. but wasn't Sunny Jones out of Reno ?

I don't see no pics ?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Black power

Wencome & cngrats on your new toy! Chris [church mouse] would be right! Sonny was a top competer & in the 70,s & 80,s i think a hondo dealer in reno nv. I also think your toy would value if restored like mike is doin with ray casellis,s panic mouse with the help from dave sammons & billy b! & sonny,s son racing a taf [back in black] hope this helps! Andy:)

·
Bondsman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Sharp Shooter, thats great. Do you have idea what year that is. Do you have idea what motor Sunny was running?

Thanks again, thats petty cool.

·
Bondsman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man....I cant find nothing about the Black power boat on the internet. The is alot about Sunny's boat the "sis"

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Man....I cant find nothing about the Black power boat on the internet. The is alot about Sunny's boat the "sis"
Are you kidding me??!!! I googled "Black Power" and came up with a whole bunch of crap.... shock.gif

·
Registered
59 Posts
black power?

the question, is this the real deal or someones selling point, which happens a lot . I talk to greg jones and he was going to try to contact the person that he knew still had the boat a few years ago

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
IT WOULD BE REAL INTERESTING IF IT IS THE "BLACK POWER"....
BE COOL TO HAVE THE PANIC MOUSE AND THIS BOAT RESTORED!
OWNED AND DRIVEN BY ONE OF THE TOP 5 FLATBOTTOM DRIVERS IN HISTORY!
DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON IT...LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP!
DAVE

1 - 20 of 55 Posts