Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellow jeters. This is what i would like to no and see. If it is all possible i want to see some boat letters that you all like and use.I'm not looking for plain jane. Just the cool and different ones. Just had my boat painted do'nt no if i want stick on letters or painted on letters. Some pictures would help.THANKS:D

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Ok fellow jeters. This is what i would like to no and see. If it is all possible i want to see some boat letters that you all like and use.I'm not looking for plain jane. Just the cool and different ones. Just had my boat painted do'nt no if i want stick on letters or painted on letters. Some pictures would help.THANKS:D
If you go with stickers it will look like you ran out of $$$$$$ painting the boat. Not to mention they look cheap. Go with hand lettered...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kelly & son and Rock & roll custom paint do some sick stuff I think they have websites to look at.

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
If you go with stickers it will look like you ran out of $$$$$$ painting the boat. Not to mention they look cheap. Go with hand lettered...
What he said.....Not that he knows what hes talking about.:D:)hand

Two words BOB THOMPSON

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Mc. Peak in riverside did the lettering on my boat and the name on the transom. Does real good work and doesn't overcharge for his services.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Kansas requires 3" block letters, so I slanted mine aft at the top 15*.

Just doesn't show up much. My only real interest is it does not aggrivate the lake patroll.

I can claim the letters are "blown back" from things like this:

Someone has to keep the kids in the TX's honest, and teach them manners. :)devil

No pix of "Lowrider" accross the stern, in 8" script. Spans about 3'.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
letters

I've seen some very nice vinyl graffics and "overlays" but I've always Partial to Hand lettering (My pops was a signpainter) The Old dude "Striper Dick" does murals ,airbrus and custom hand letters and has lettered my boats for 30 years Tom

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Cas he's a little shaky but still good ,after he told me about the "restos he was doin at Hearst Castle I had him restripe my Flatty ,had to spend a little time with a rag & mineral spirits afterwards :D

·
Done....
990 Posts
My CF numbers are painted on, and are incorrect match to pink slip. Why??....I don't know. The previous owners where probably high in the mid. 80's.

Whats a good chemical to remove it w/o ruining the gel??

1 - 20 of 69 Posts