Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my boat doesn't have a name on it and hasn't had a name to my knowledge. I've only had it three years and its an 88'. Is it still bad luck?

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Moneysucker did mine as well as a number of people's. They turned out great.
There was a guy that went by the name of "Later". He didn't use Moneysucker and we all know how that turned out!! :D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Moneysucker did mine as well as a number of people's. They turned out great.
There was a guy that went by the name of "Later". He didn't use Moneysucker and we all know how that turned out!! :D
I can't be sure that is what happened to laters boat or if there ever was a boat to name... but I like this kind of rumor. lol. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Just people helping people!! :D

BTW TV, if you do change the name on the boat, there's a ritual that you have to go through. We've never done it because part of the ritual is pouring champagne on the bow of the boat and in our family it's a bigger curse to waste alcohol. So we've just kept the name no matter how bad it was!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hey TV344, I don't think changing the name on your boat would be any worse than say....having a picture of a jet ski as your avatar in a boating forum. Cause you know how loved lake lice are by most boaters right? :D:D:D:)st

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Before I renamed my boat I had to paddle in 3 times during the season, lost a flywheel, starter, alternator and had a gas tank leak. I renamed it and had a flawless season all last year. Moral of the story? Pay more than 2200 for a boat. And the only ritual I did involved a razor blade and glue remover

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey TV344, I don't think changing the name on your boat would be any worse than say....having a picture of a jet ski as your avatar in a boating forum. Cause you know how loved lake lice are by most boaters right? :D:D:D:)st
Haha ya they hate both the boat and the jets skiis around here. The fishermen really love us but hey we are all there to have a good time right? So screw em. Well since it has never been named i'll prolly have to come up with one. Cyco i will get with ya when i figure one out. thanks for all the help guys, i'll switch my avatar when i get some more pics of the boat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts