Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to have a name put on my boat but am having a hard time deciding on a graphic and style of lettering. I want to stay with a "period" correct style. The boat is a 1975. Any idea where I might find some pics of boat names from that era? I was only 5yrs old at the time, so I don't recall the style/trends.

·
Old Timer
1,138 Posts
Tequila Sunrise

Disco Duck

Head Over Heals

Sundance Kids

Water Wookie

Centsless

The Other Woman

Wet Willie

Flat Broke

Am I getting too nostalgic ????

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
The Other Woman
Just curious was there a boat with this name back then? The reason I ask is Derek Ranson is building a pro mod with this name as I type. I believe it used to be a PM called Grounds For Divorce.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Seems like every other flattie on the river back then was named "Smoke on the Water" after the Deep Purple song...or maybe they just liked to smoke pot :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
You could always re-use the old original name of Wet-Dreams I think I've seen that once OR twice,Either painted or Gold Leaf :D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I think he is looking more for font or lettering type than a name, sounds like he may allready have that. Like the one guy said, gold leaf was heavily used back then, and for font, you can't go wrong with the bubble style font traditional of 18 wheeler lettering with with shadowing on one side to give depth. If you can't find anything you like, try font software, should be able to find it at most stores that sell computer stuff. I got the font for my new paint job off software, and it is one of the most key elements of the paint job. Good luck! F1~

·
3,246 Posts
"Half Baked"

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
""Flat" Foot'n That's the name I went with. I found the lettering and font, now I'm looking for a charactor to be drawn next to it.
Thanks for the input.

·
Old Timer
1,138 Posts
K94 1977 Biesemeyer ELDORADO Paint by Jaime Jameson

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If I remember correctly, Speedy Gonzales had some pretty big feet. He's been used before, but I don't think I have ever seen anyone use his cousin Slow Poke Rodriguez. Goofy has some pretty big feet as well, but once again has been used before. Clowns have big flat feet, so do ducks, you could use Donald or Daisy or Daffy. How about Huey, Duey, and Luey? All right it's obvious I'm a little nutty, I'm outta here!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts