Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to dig up boat racing, power boat history for Clear Lake California. If you have any pics, stories, or articles please let me know. I am putting a section together for the Lake County Museum. They dont have anything on the history of power boating on Clear Lake.

norcal73

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check with John at Unlimited Marine in Clearlake. He raced up here in the 50's and 60's............................

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
John freight train peters - could put you in touch with some of the racers i am sure -

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I believe I drive by your place all the time, if thats you on lakeshore near Rocky Point. Bud Simi is right down the street from you and probably has a ton of info. I am sure my dad can and will chime in here, as he spent summers since the 50's up there, and ski raced in the 60's there as well. Good Luck, cant wait to see what you come up with.

Steve

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe I drive by your place all the time, if thats you on lakeshore near Rocky Point. Bud Simi is right down the street from you and probably has a ton of info. I am sure my dad can and will chime in here, as he spent summers since the 50's up there, and ski raced in the 60's there as well. Good Luck, cant wait to see what you come up with.

Steve
I am on the south end of Lakeport. Yeah I have heard a few stories at the coffee shop near me. Looking for "Flatbottom Freddie McFarland" Heard he is a good one to find as well for info.

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
found something on the internet on him.
give john a call 994-8601 he has alot of old pics.i go to his shop and buy parts.this guy has so much boat history its crazy.ive seen pics that date back to 1953.he has a boat in his shop that hes had since the 50s.be patient with him he can be a grumpy old dude at times.but i think he has all the info that you need.put it this way. he showed me a picture for every syorie he told me.
fast76rogers:)hand

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
What kind of info are you looking for. My father in law, has been ski racing at clear lake since 1966. He is still involved to this day.

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
history

jim, did you get ahold of john s.?he will have alot of pics for you.i would like to see what you get together.keep us posted.

billy

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been too busy to do the research. Maybe try to do it later this year. You know, it is really messed up that our museum does not have anything on powerboat history here. Just steam boats of the 1800s. One way or another they are going to get the info for their archives.

norcal

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You might want to contact Bob Maher of Maharaja[sp] Water Skis for info on the Clear Lake ski races and it's history. He is in Healdsberg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts