Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gramps
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a set of Dana Marine headers for my 496 MAG..CP Performance recommended SOS Marine in Granite Bay to do the installation..Has anybody in the local area used these guys for work of this kind or do you have another recommendation? Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't be worried by how old the shop looks he has gone above and beyond to help in jams and does top notch work...Great outdrive guy too.... Ask for Jory..

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Jory will do an excellent job at a fair price.
Hullshot here on the boards does excellent work also. He is in Discovery Bay. Also Boatmasters in the bay Area may do this. These are the three people I would trust to work on my boat.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sos,"jory" did an excellent job for me on a set of headers on my last boat .If you live in Roseville he is very close to you.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am considering buying a set of Dana Marine headers for my 496 MAG..CP Performance recommended SOS Marine in Granite Bay to do the installation..Has anybody in the local area used these guys for work of this kind or do you have another recommendation? Thanks
Danas are a good choice for your engine,If you are talking a stock 496 engine you should see about 21hp gain If you are going to do other performance work on it you can see up to 48 hp with them.

as a side note/what I learned,.....you can get about the same hp gain on your stock engine by removing the turbulators =8 hp and porting the exhaust manifold.= 10-15 hp. and save big $$$$$ but if you want "the bling" factor, go with the headers

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
SOS is the place..........

·
just a member
614 Posts
x10 on SOS.

SOS Marine and Jory are an awesome place. Jory is always willing to help you out of every jam there is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts