Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 fleetcraft sbc v drive, The hull in pretty bad shape especially at the transom.
I recently picked up a v drive boat but don’t have any idea what year or name. Didn't have all the parts with it. My plan is to change out parts to the better bt. Question? Both boats have casale gear bxs, Im not exactly sure on how to check gear ratio but the rect type turns approx 1 time to 1 1/16 out The other turn 1 to aprox 1, the rect gear bx has about a quarter round of play is this normal this gear bx was with a 350 w/ 2 speed pwrglide. The other was direct drive with no play, How would u go back with it.Heres some pics. Can u tell me what bt the white one is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I have a 64 fleetcraft sbc v drive, The hull in pretty bad shape especially at the transom.
I recently picked up a v drive boat but don’t have any idea what year or name. Didn't have all the parts with it. My plan is to change out parts to the better bt. Question? Both boats have casale gear bxs, Im not exactly sure on how to check gear ratio but the rect type turns approx 1 time to 1 1/16 out The other turn 1 to aprox 1, the rect gear bx has about a quarter round of play is this normal this gear bx was with a 350 w/ 2 speed pwrglide. The other was direct drive with no play, How would u go back with it.Heres some pics. Can u tell me what bt the white one is.
Wish I could see the transom,there is a guy over on v-drive .com that has a boat very close to yours and he is asking the same question a reply said said it was a mc which stands for muffler city and it was built in seattle.take a look , the thread is called,- not sure what it is.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
A quarter turn does not sound good.They both look like casale v.drives one a toploader and the other a split case

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Go with the split case, newer box, easy to change gears.

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
The reason the one gear box has a 1/4 to 1/2 turn is more than likley it's an old two dog two in and out.
Use the split case geat box and save the to loader for someone else.

JW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts