Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been over three seasons and I am thinking it is time to pull the bearings and repack the grease. I used to do this all the time on my old trailer when stored in San Diego. Now that the boat is stored in Havasu, I need a recommendation on a shop that could do this for me.

Any references?

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
So it has been over three seasons and I am thinking it is time to pull the bearings and repack the grease. I used to do this all the time on my old trailer when stored in San Diego. Now that the boat is stored in Havasu, I need a recommendation on a shop that could do this for me.

Any references?
Isn't your trailer an Extreme with Oil bath hubs? If so, I don't think any repacking is necessary. Just make sure you have oil in there and your caps are tight. The caps are right behind the wheel, just take off the wheels and just an allen key to tighten them. I have put the blue lock tight on mine when I filled them back up. Painless and no issues for 2 seasons. I believe Mohave Hitch and Welding did this for me the first season under warranty from Extreme - I have done them ever since.

Roln 20s

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't your trailer an Extreme with Oil bath hubs? If so, I don't think any repacking is necessary. Just make sure you have oil in there and your caps are tight. The caps are right behind the wheel, just take off the wheels and just an allen key to tighten them. I have put the blue lock tight on mine when I filled them back up. Painless and no issues for 2 seasons. I believe Mohave Hitch and Welding did this for me the first season under warranty from Extreme - I have done them ever since.

Roln 20s
No oil bath hubs on my trailer, I have the old school bearing buddies.
When I was ordering my trailer, after all the research I decided not to get the oil bath hubs. At that time, the research was stating if the trailer sits for long periods of time (up to 3 months), the oil bath could cause problems.

Based on my research today, that is no longer an issue so I am thinking maybe I change them over if the cost is not that high.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
No oil bath hubs on my trailer, I have the old school bearing buddies.
When I was ordering my trailer, after all the research I decided not to get the oil bath hubs. At that time, the research was stating if the trailer sits for long periods of time (up to 3 months), the oil bath could cause problems.

Based on my research today, that is no longer an issue so I am thinking maybe I change them over if the cost is not that high.

Call Mohave hitch and welding. They did the work on my trailer for this same thing, even replaced an axle when I blew a bearing. Good people.

Talk to Dennis Walker at 928-855-2085. They will be doing my trailer again this year.

·
The Dog Catcher
476 Posts
Enduro Trailers in Havasu.

I put 10,000 miles on my trailer (oil bath hubs) before changing out the oil. Had another 10,000 to go according to Extreme.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Rob, this place is right by the house on Kiowa.
pm me for address and ##'s if you want. Just be aware, He'll talk your ear off but he'll do a great job at a VERY fair price. He's fixed my trailer 2 or 3 times from all the tire separations and you can not tell it. Looks like new!:)sphss

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been to Mohave Hitch & Welding several times (as recommended by other board members). They've replaced a couple of axles for me and have done exhaust work on my truck.

They charge a fair price and don't nickel and dime you. Dennis seems real genuine and honest. They've earned my business for sure.

Sounds like Enduro would be a good place too...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone. Going to call both and try and get the trailer done on my next trip (in September :()

1 - 17 of 17 Posts