1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Have you tried America's Tire?

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Like 6/8 ply trailer tires? Less Scab:D has the great HD trailer tires, 95 each for 15's just bought 4.... Otherwise a light boat can use much cheaper radials....

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like 6/8 ply trailer tires? Less Scab:D has the great HD trailer tires, 95 each for 15's just bought 4.... Otherwise a light boat can use much cheaper radials....
Well, I really don't have a heavy boat, all total I'll bet around 1500# give or take a few. 1975 Miller 19' bubble deck jet with a 460 Ford, so maybe I could get by with a lighter tire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tires

I just bought some from for my travel trailer at America's Tire. Less than a hundred buck a piece and they had them on in less than an hour. Great service and good warranty. I would check them out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Maxxis Tires just put them on my wells cargo trailer check with Americas Tire or Discount Tire same company forget those Carlise or any thing else

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maxxis Tires just put them on my wells cargo trailer check with Americas Tire or Discount Tire same company forget those Carlise or any thing else

Well here in CA Discount tire centers and Americas tire are two different companies. But in other states they are the same. Also Discount tire centers are a so cal based company and the the furthest store north would be Fresno.

gawnca,
As for what tire to use they make 6ply trailer tires that would suit you good. If you want the cheapest tire go with a cheap car radial tire but remember that it well only be a 4 ply and the side will give more then a trailer tire.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me what the advantage would the 6 ply tires be on my duel axle trailer with the light weight?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well here in CA Discount tire centers and Americas tire are two different companies. But in other states they are the same. Also Discount tire centers are a so cal based company and the the furthest store north would be Fresno.

gawnca,
As for what tire to use they make 6ply trailer tires that would suit you good. If you want the cheapest tire go with a cheap car radial tire but remember that it well only be a 4 ply and the side will give more then a trailer tire.
well i hate to say but they are the same
Info Center - Discount Tire Co.Discount Tire Co. | America's Tire Co. ... Info Center Home ... Discount Tire and America's Tire are the same company and provide the same great service. ...
www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoHome.do - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
More results from www.discounttire.com »

America's Tire
(916) 427-1961
Make Appointment 6434 Florin Road
Sacramento, CA 95823
Map M-F 8:00-6:00
Sat 8:00-5:00

America's Tire
(916) 649-0556
Make Appointment 2256 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95825
Map M-F 8:00-6:00
Sat 8:00-5

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found America's Tire on Florin Rd. All I can find is a regular tire online for replacement.

·
Proud DLB Member
285 Posts
If you want to make a trip to Gilroy, I will give you a great deal on 5 almost new 14" radial's that I took off my trailer when I upgraded to heavier duty tires (due to the weight). They would be fine for a light boat like yours. :)devil

·
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
783 Posts
Call pac-west trailers and ask for Brian 487-4483 tell him BIG JOE from red-d transmission sent you. he could probly get best price and trailer tires. good luck

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Goodyear Marathon Trailer Tires

I highly suggest these tires. They are a little more money buy well worth it. If you google them you will find many comparisons made with them and they are definitely a step above. I have them on all my trailers. Some of the "standard" trailer tires are cheap tires made in china that "blowout" frequently on the freeway and during hot weather, kinda like when we are all going to the river on during the summer and it is 110 + degrees...

If you have a light boat you could probably get away with less tires. But for peace of mind. Besides who wants to change a tire on the side of the freeway in 110 degree weather.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want to make a trip to Gilroy, I will give you a great deal on 5 almost new 14" radial's that I took off my trailer when I upgraded to heavier duty tires (due to the weight). They would be fine for a light boat like yours. :)devil
Thanks for the offer but the gas would kill the savings. LOL ;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I highly suggest these tires. They are a little more money buy well worth it. If you google them you will find many comparisons made with them and they are definitely a step above. I have them on all my trailers. Some of the "standard" trailer tires are cheap tires made in china that "blowout" frequently on the freeway and during hot weather, kinda like when we are all going to the river on during the summer and it is 110 + degrees...

If you have a light boat you could probably get away with less tires. But for peace of mind. Besides who wants to change a tire on the side of the freeway in 110 degree weather.
I'll check them out thanks. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts