Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble figuring how much a boat is worth. I've checked out NADA, which is about 35k, searched similar boats for sale and found the from 28k, 34k, 45k, and 48k ( all within 2 years of each other). Any suggestions?

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
Are you financing?
Hard to say anymore. I'd check with whoever you're planning on borrowing from. See what they'll lend you, that's going to be about what it's worth.

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
I'm having trouble figuring how much a boat is worth. I've checked out NADA, which is about 35k, searched similar boats for sale and found the from 28k, 34k, 45k, and 48k ( all within 2 years of each other). Any suggestions?
So many variables that effect prices, ie; maintenance, driving styles, dry storage, salt vs fresh ....a never-ending list. Sounds like you are on the right track. Find the boat you like, exercise through due diligence and its "true value" is what you are willing to pay.....

Suggestions;
Once you think you have found your boat, post up some pics and specs here and you will get plenty of "good" feedback in no time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres the ad's info:
2007 Essex Performance Boats Valor, 2007 Essex Performance Boats 24' Valor, Mercruiser 496 Magnum Bravo 1, 75 Original Hours, One owner, Absolutely immaculate condition! Like new inside and out, Always stored indoors, Open bow w/ custom center day-bed cushion, Stainless Steel (4) blade 24P prop, Stepped hull, Incredible handling and performance, Very smooth in all water conditions, Aqua step, Interior lights, In floor cooler and ski locker, Fiberglass swim platform, Dual Gas Tanks, Dual batteries w/ switch and trickle charger, Off-Shore dual controls, Custom "Silver" Stereo Package w/ Amp and XM, Custom 40 Oz color matched marine interior (Triple Stitched), Custom color matched bimini top, Full boat cover, Beautiful and timeless custom Gel-Coat colors, Depth/Temp gauge, Built in cup holders, Seats 10 people, Navigation lights, Cockpit lights, too many options to list. Includes 2007 Zieman custom tandem axel trailer w/ Allow wheels and Stainless steel fenders.

Here is some pictures also.

Attachments

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
Here is some additional pictures. Is this normal wear and tear?
First pic is from powering through a sandbar. Not normal wear and tear. But 99% of the boats that run the river/gorge will look like that.

Second is water spotting from the hot upper bearings drying the water on the drive. Normal wear and tear.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I looked at the valor a few weeks ago. They are nice looking boats. Do u have a list of things u r looking for in a boat? As far as price on that boat I've seen similar boats different builders go for around 38k if that helps any. Maybe more w HO engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input everyone. I really like the layout of the essex valor and vortex. I'm looking for a similar layout, 22-26ft, 496 or bigger, with a blue or red gel coat scheme. The only other boats I have seen that are similar are caliber one's. I would really want to spend 35k max, but if the boat is everything I want and plus some, ill pull some strings.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm getting a 23' cobra built right now but I really like the cuddy cab... We looked at both since the shops aren't too far from my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice boat. I have a similar setup (Lightning 24XS). I think it may be the same hull. We love it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts