Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to lift my boat off its trailer and on to a dolly I built for it. I was wondering if any of you know how much a 19' Tahiti (with 454 in it) would weigh (approx is fine). I figure the engine weighs roughly 600 lbs but I have no idea on the actual hull.

Thanks in advance.

B

·
"Try it Now!"
3,614 Posts
I am about to lift my boat off its trailer and on to a dolly I built for it. I was wondering if any of you know how much a 19' Tahiti (with 454 in it) would weigh (approx is fine). I figure the engine weighs roughly 600 lbs but I have no idea on the actual hull.

Thanks in advance.

B

Someone on here has the link to the old jetboat brochures...one of them is from Tahiti, it's original adds. On the adds shows the weight of the boat..i'm sure that's a good starting point. Hopefully someone puts them up.

·
volkswagen junkie
30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, Yeah its a 19' Low Profile... says 1150 less engine. I think 2000lbs is safe to assume the current weight which means the casters I have will work.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
. We've taken quite a few Tahities to the dump and the they would weight us before and after. IT always came back at about a 1,000 lbs.
Are you trying to budget for the same thing? If so it was right around 200 bucks to junk the crap.

·
Purple headed member
7,170 Posts
LMAO!

I usually pay about $60 at my local dump.
Yes, but these are Tahitis so they know we will pay the extra few bucks to unload them..............:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OUCH!!! such a low blow HAHAHA... :rolleyes:

Actually, no I have a pretty good budget to restore it :) damn thing is older than me but my dad bought it new and I cant bring myself to dumping it (but Ill be honest, the thought has crossed my mind).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got lots of pics and plan on starting a thread similar to the one Hal did on the restoration. Hope to start showing the process later this week once I get everything all organized.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this thread helped me some,

even though that old brochure site didn't have the 16' 1972 tahiti, I think it would weigh in around 1,000lbs. (probably a bit less)

now, how much would a 16' boat trailer weigh?

and how much would a 4cyl chevy II engine weigh?

thanks... my car can only tow soo much!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.