Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my pictures from "Boatpixs.com" the other day, but needless to say at TWO HUNDRED and FIFTY DOLLARS each, I returnd all three of the pictures. No way would I pay that amount.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
In a different thread, I thought Jim mentioned them as an expense. And if I remember right. getting a free Helo shot was included in the entry fee.

"Helicopter Photos We have some fantastic photos of each participant. Photo CDs with digital files sized for great 8 X 10 prints are being mailed out to each participant. For those larger shots you would like for your special room, event up to Poster size, LakeRacer can print and send them to you for a very reasonable cost" Quote from his site.

·
1,512 Posts
BoatPix is a company that shoots on spec hoping to make a sale. Way way overpriced unless you like the picture they took then it what ever your wallet can afford. I don't think Jim would use these guys.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BoatPix is a company that shoots on spec hoping to make a sale. Way way overpriced unless you like the picture they took then it what ever your wallet can afford. I don't think Jim would use these guys.
No question about it, the pictures were great, but the problem for me was the $250.00 each.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In a different thread, I thought Jim mentioned them as an expense. And if I remember right. getting a free Helo shot was included in the entry fee.

"Helicopter Photos We have some fantastic photos of each participant. Photo CDs with digital files sized for great 8 X 10 prints are being mailed out to each participant. For those larger shots you would like for your special room, event up to Poster size, LakeRacer can print and send them to you for a very reasonable cost" Quote from his site.
I can assure you that Jim did not use them for Desert Storm.

·
Registered
231 Posts
BoatPix

No, they were out there on their own and having past experience with them, I know what they charge. For participants, the helicopter photos were part of the package and I have sent out DVD's to them already. They can print their own or order enlargements on my store. You can get two 8x10 and a 13 x 19 for $100.00 and up from there.

I have finally put our photos from the event on lakeracer.com I know some people who were not in the run see their photos, as our photographers can't always see the decals on the boats. I will sell them to the non participants, but not as inexpensively! :|err

Take a look, some great photo thanks to Lenny Headley and Cindy Bell.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts