Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have heard a few rumors that, several boats sank and were damaged, while overnight mooring in the channel last week.

anyone got the straight story?

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
My old DCB was moored out there in the middle of the set. Some guy (not Ryan the owner) was sitting on it all day. Seemed like something I wouldn't be interested in.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
My old DCB was moored out there in the middle of the set. Some guy (not Ryan the owner) was sitting on it all day. Seemed like something I wouldn't be interested in.
Was that the baby blue 26' boat. I seen the owner on it on Fri but not on Sat. Woodys boat sank. :mad:

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Was that the baby blue 26' boat. I seen the owner on it on Fri but not on Sat. Woodys boat sank. :mad:
Yeah, I couldn't sleep at night knowing it's out there, and I'm not.

Woody as in EZ and Fernando's friend Woody? That sucks..........`

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't sleep at night knowing it's out there, and I'm not.

QUOTE]

The owner didn't look to happy with the crew he got. One chick was smoking a cig off the back of the boat. :|err
I've never seen his boat, I've just met him a few times at Dave's house in Parker.

How much money are we talking about to have your boat out there? Do they cover any costs of damages etc.?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hardly..........Woodys...... FATHERS's boat!!!!!!!!!!
I think Woodys going to be grounded for a decade or so:)sphss

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
hardly..........Woodys...... FATHERS's boat!!!!!!!!!!
I think Woodys going to be grounded for a decade or so:)sphss
I thought Woody had a Howard or HTM or some kind of single engine blower motor type cat????

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
I know of 3 boats that sank. Woody's Placecraft was one of them. They will buy him a new one. The wind storm took them down over night. A lot of the boats are getting damaged as well. And the end of the shoot everything will be assessed, fixed and paid.

I don't leave mine unattended and don't let people on I don't like. Everyone gets the rules before they step aboard and I have ended up with a respectful crew.

I have been getting a ton of camera time too. :)devil

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know of 3 boats that sank. Woody's Placecraft was one of them. They will buy him a new one. The wind storm took them down over night. A lot of the boats are getting damaged as well. And the end of the shoot everything will be assessed, fixed and paid.

I don't leave mine unattended and don't let people on I don't like. Everyone gets the rules before they step aboard and I have ended up with a respectful crew.

Matt have you run into Cheryl, 50yr old brunette, with a 17'ish sea swrill, heard her boat was f'd up too........

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
Matt have you run into Cheryl, 50yr old brunette, with a 17'ish sea swrill, heard her boat was f'd up too........

No. The ones getting jacked are the ones that owners just handed over. Extras are loaded on them for the day with no experience or supervision.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No. The ones getting jacked are the ones that owners just handed over. Extras are loaded on them for the day with no experience or supervision.
that sucks...

so...what do you think of the whole thing....would you do it again?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts

To bad Farren got killed by the Piranhas. I heard she was a good boat buddy. That is you on the front of your boat with the grey shorts and hat right. :)devil

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
that sucks...

so...what do you think of the whole thing....would you do it again?
That's a good question. I am BEAT! Last week I got an average of 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night. Then you are in the sun all day long. It takes a lot out of you.

How often do you get to be in a movie though? Everyone knows me as the Fampack boat so maybe we'll get some new leads to work on. I am doing this for advertising mainly. It will make some good stories later in life though.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts