Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tea Party leader: Boehner looks ‘like a fool,’ should be defeated in a primary – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

:hmmm:It appears you conservatives are having a tough time sticking together. First Fox makes a strong effort to paint Tea Party favorite Ron Paul in an unflattering light, and now this.:D Hey Doc, is the GOP next in line to feel the wrath of the people and be on the wrong end of a shellacking come next election?:yes: My bet is they are, but it won't be with the results you are hoping for.:)devil:partytime:
326091559v3_225x225_Front.jpg

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Tea Party leader: Boehner looks ‘like a fool,’ should be defeated in a primary – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

:hmmm:It appears you conservatives are having a tough time sticking together. First Fox makes a strong effort to paint Tea Party favorite Ron Paul in an unflattering light, and now this.:D Hey Doc, is the GOP next in line to feel the wrath of the people and be on the wrong end of a shellacking come next election?:yes: My bet is they are, but it won't be with the results you are hoping for.:)devil:partytime:
Um, so what?? You think Boehner is the prodigal son candidate?
Funny, You mock and belittle the Tea Party on a regular basis, but now lend credence to it's statements?

Exactly how confused are you??

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um, so what?? You think Boehner is the prodigal son candidate?
Funny, You mock and belittle the Tea Party on a regular basis, but now lend credence to it's statements?

Exactly how confused are you??
Where am I lending credence to the Tea Party's statements? I am pointing out the folley of a growing division between the Tea Party and the GOP that will help no one but the Democratic Party and the American People.:)devil

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
The hardcore right-winger Teabagger type conservatives coming out so strongly against the unionized government working class such as cops, firefighters, school teachers, and other government folks fighting for their rights in Wisconsin was a fatal error. I think the corporate elitist brainwashing by millionaire BS artists like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, and Savage has backfired in a big way. Too many folks have now seen the light and will side with their fellow friends, neighbors, and relatives. The old adage of give them enough rope and they will hang themselves has once again held true.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
The hardcore right-winger Teabagger type conservatives coming out so strongly against the unionized government working class such as cops, firefighters, school teachers, and other government folks fighting for their rights in Wisconsin was a fatal error. I think the corporate elitist brainwashing by millionaire BS artists like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, and Savage has backfired in a big way. Too many folks have now seen the light and will side with their fellow friends, neighbors, and relatives. The old adage of give them enough rope and they will hang themselves has once again held true.
Yep...I heard the polls say that the gov. of Wisconsin would not have won the election if they were to vote over again. :)sphss

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Wrong again Z. It's the unions of public servants that are under fire not the working class as you so mistakenly stated. Again, you couldn't be more wrong which is what we've come to expect.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Yep...I heard the polls say that the gov. of Wisconsin would not have won the election if they were to vote over again. :)sphss
You say this as if your Kenyan MESSiah would. Not a chance in America. The mid-term "shellacking" was all the proof one would ever need.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Better read up on the subject as well, Police, firefighters etc are EXEMPT frrom the bill. The Primary issue is with teachers and their ability to acheive tenure which makes it almost impossible to be terminated....meaning they may not be worth a shit....but they cant be fired over performance....a key flaw with any union.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Better read up on the subject as well, Police, firefighters etc are EXEMPT frrom the bill. The Primary issue is with teachers and their ability to acheive tenure which makes it impossible to be terminated....meaning they may not be worth a shit....but they cant be fired over performance....a key flaw with any union.
Isn't tenure used to protect against layoff? You know trying to replace a long term employee with a newer less senior employee?

Tenure does not mean impossible to terminate.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Isn't tenure used to protect against layoff? You know trying to replace a long term employee with a newer less senior employee?

Tenure does not mean impossible to terminate.
Wrong:\\

WHAT PROTECTION DOES TENURE OFFER THE PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER?

The type and amount of protection vary from state to state and -- depending on agreements with teachers' unions -- may even vary from school district to school district. In general, a tenured teacher is entitled to due process when he or she is threatened with dismissal or nonrenewal of contract for cause: that is, for failure to maintain some clearly defined standard that serves an educational purpose.

In such cases, due process usually requires that the school board hold a hearing at which the administration presents its arguments in favor of dismissing the teacher or not renewing the teacher's contract, and the teacher is allowed to present his or her side. As in a criminal court, the teacher is presumed innocent until proven guilty: the administration must prove that the teacher has failed to measure up to some clearly defined standard; the teacher need not prove that he or she has measured up to it.

It is not impossible to terminate the employment of a tenured teacher, but the process is a difficult and cumbersome one. Consequently, many parents arrive at the conclusion that administrators would rather retain incompetent teachers than go through the time and effort involved in a dismissal hearing

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Wrong:\\

WHAT PROTECTION DOES TENURE OFFER THE PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER?

The type and amount of protection vary from state to state and -- depending on agreements with teachers' unions -- may even vary from school district to school district. In general, a tenured teacher is entitled to due process when he or she is threatened with dismissal or nonrenewal of contract for cause: that is, for failure to maintain some clearly defined standard that serves an educational purpose.

In such cases, due process usually requires that the school board hold a hearing at which the administration presents its arguments in favor of dismissing the teacher or not renewing the teacher's contract, and the teacher is allowed to present his or her side. As in a criminal court, the teacher is presumed innocent until proven guilty: the administration must prove that the teacher has failed to measure up to some clearly defined standard; the teacher need not prove that he or she has measured up to it.

It is not impossible to terminate the employment of a tenured teacher, but the process is a difficult and cumbersome one. Consequently, many parents arrive at the conclusion that administrators would rather retain incompetent teachers than go through the time and effort involved in a dismissal hearing
Like these ones??

NOTE: This is a FOX link, but can be viewed on countless news sites when googled.

700 NYC Teachers Are Paid to Do Nothing - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
"NEW YORK — Hundreds of New York City public school teachers accused of offenses ranging from insubordination to sexual misconduct are being paid their full salaries to sit around all day playing Scrabble, surfing the Internet or just staring at the wall, if that's what they want to do.
Because their union contract makes it extremely difficult to fire them, the teachers have been banished by the school system to its "rubber rooms" — off-campus office space where they wait months, even years, for their disciplinary hearings."

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Kinda like the Kenyan fraud wouldn't have won if the election was redone, huh? :)hand

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts

Kinda like the Hollywood types like Matt Damon speaking out on how O has failed on his campaign promises.

All you're doing with threads like this Ram, is confirming it's nothing but a game to you and you're a Dem "fan" based on nothing of substance. Me, I'm sick and tired of politicians regardless of party that do nothing in the best interest of the nation. And the admin and Congress are full of them. The Tea Party is nothing but average tax paying citizens fed up with government graft and you fun poking pot stirrers just keep on with the fallacy of trying to make them into extremists.......Rah rah rah:)sphss

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Thats funny. Which poll would that be ? The one where they way ovrsampled Dems, and union households.:)sphss:)sphss:)sphss

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kinda like the Hollywood types like Matt Damon speaking out on how O has failed on his campaign promises.
Tex, how much weight do give to opinions of Hollywood types? I don't consider their opinions at all. I'd be willing to bet when November 2011 rolls around, Matt Damon is going to mark the little circle next to Obama's name.

All you're doing with threads like this Ram, is confirming it's nothing but a game to you and you're a Dem "fan" based on nothing of substance. Me, I'm sick and tired of politicians regardless of party that do nothing in the best interest of the nation. And the admin and Congress are full of them. The Tea Party is nothing but average tax paying citizens fed up with government graft and you fun poking pot stirrers just keep on with the fallacy of trying to make them into extremists.......Rah rah rah:)sphss
I am not trying to make fun of the TP or paint them as extremists with this thread. I am pointing out that the GOP and TP better kiss and make up and get on the same page or come next election they might have a tough time. The TP biggest problem is that it has hitched it's wagon to borderline characters like Sharon Angle, Christine Odonnel, and Sarah Palin. If they would court more people like Sen Scott Brown of Massachusetts, who was elected as a Republican, but has shown he is willing to break from party lines and vote how he thinks is best, and has a willingness to cross the aisle in the name working together, I think the TP message would be more widely accepted by the voters. I think most politicians have doing what's best for the nation in the back of their mind. It's just that everything is so intertwined now ie: industry, politics, corporations, international relations, etc. that there are no simple solutions. An example of some politicians that have acted altruistically to do what they think is best for the country are the Democrat Senators and Congressman from conservative states and districts that voted yes on the health care reform bills. They knew they would not get reelected by doing this, but still chose to do what they thought was best for America. You might not agree with their position, but you have to respect their willingness to sacrifice themselves for what they thought was in the best interest of our nation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts