Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 355 sbc 504 hp. 545 524 cam.. Aluminun 202 heads.. Forged 13.5.1 pistons. Vic jr highrise. 850 bg carb. Roller rockers and cam. Would ot be a good odea to junkk 455 and replace with sbc?

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
455 bad rap...

There is nothing wrong with the Olds 455 as a marine engine... Thousands of them were installed during the jet boat era without any issues... The trick is to use the engine/boat combination as it was intended to be used... You are not going to set the world on fire with that boat, use it as it was intended to be used, for FUN. Changing to a SBC, or even a BBC will not make that much difference in over all performance without expensive pump modifications...

Use it as it was intended to be used and you'll be on the water having fun while the heavy hitters are on the beach with a variety of issues associated with trying to make their boats something they're not....

Ray

PS DO NOT put the foam back in that airfilter unless you want to have a weenie roast as the boat burns to the water line..

·
Off Road Badass
267 Posts
PS DO NOT put the foam back in that airfilter unless you want to have a weenie roast as the boat burns to the water line..
Good advice.

I'm running a USCG approved KN filter that looks like a standard automotive filter. Sometimes I wonder how thats approved, but I don't make the rules haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I dont have that filter on it now.. Took that pic when i bought the boat. Thinkin i will fix jet on it and sell it and get me a smaller faster boat though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts