Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had every intention of going to Burley this past weekend, but, on the flight up we started discussing the fact that doing business here in California is getting awfully hard to do and from our few visits to Idaho how much we enjoyed the area and how the state seemed "Business Friendly". So, instead of going to Burley, we spent the weekend with a real estate agent in Boise and looked at a few places where we could open up shop. Good news is that we found a perfect location...The building is currently being run as a body shop by a guy the Real Estate gal said was pretty much an "absentee owner"...She said the guy used most of his resources to work on boats instead of cars and had something to do with Stock Car/Demolition Derby racing in the area and that he fancied himself as the Bill France of Idaho. She asked that we blur out the name on the building in the picture because the tenant is a member of a fairly well known family in the area. All of whom run successful businesses with him being the exception and she didn't want to bring any more shame to the family. Anyway the place needs ALOT of cleanup but it is the perfect size with a spray booth that is only a few years old but, hardly used and according to the real estate agent the owner still owes money on that as well. So...come tomorrow morning, the current tenant will be given 2 weeks to vacate the premises and we'll start moving our stuff that way by the end of the month!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
We had every intention of going to Burley this past weekend, but, on the flight up we started discussing the fact that doing business here in California is getting awfully hard to do and from our few visits to Idaho how much we enjoyed the area and how the state seemed "Business Friendly". So, instead of going to Burley, we spent the weekend with a real estate agent in Boise and looked at a few places where we could open up shop. Good news is that we found a perfect location...The building is currently being run as a body shop by a guy the Real Estate gal said was pretty much an "absentee owner"...She said the guy used most of his resources to work on boats instead of cars and had something to do with Stock Car/Demolition Derby racing in the area and that he fancied himself as the Bill France of Idaho. She asked that we blur out the name on the building in the picture because the tenant is a member of a fairly well known family in the area. All of whom run successful businesses with him being the exception and she didn't want to bring any more shame to the family. Anyway the place needs ALOT of cleanup but it is the perfect size with a spray booth that is only a few years old but, hardly used and according to the real estate agent the owner still owes money on that as well. So...come tomorrow morning, the current tenant will be given 2 weeks to vacate the premises and we'll start moving our stuff that way by the end of the month!
Yeah Dave I think this will be a great move for us. And even though it's a bit further for our customers to get the work done we will be offering pick up and delivery especially with the $$$$$$$$ were saving in rent. I still don't get how the current tenant isn't making it. I asked this question to our real estate lady and she told me that she has a friend that has a "SUPER BIRD" muscle car there being painted and it's been there over a year and she saw it being washed on Thursday and couldn't believe it was still there. Hopefully the people of the great city of Boise will stop by and see that were not anything like the current tenant and we'll be off to the races.....:)hand

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
This has "bullshit" written all over it.

Brian

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
You know what Dave...... I called the real estate gal and she turned me over to the real estate office owner Ron Minegar and I asked him just how cold the winters got and how hot the summers were. He told me that you & I should look into a heating & air conditioning guy that we can work with in town to get the building in shape for us just after they serve notice and have the current tenant removed. Just so happened he has a brother (Pat Mineger of A-1 Heating & Air) that would be more then happy to trade out labor and parts for a new boat project he's going to be diving into. I say we do it that way were ahead of the game before winter. The spray booth is another concern for me. Using a house heater (gas) to heat the booth isn't exactly what OSHA would approve so that will need attention. And i'm still not sold on the Craftsman air compressor (5 gallon tank), Then again with the little paint that was going on at this place I guess it worked fine for him but I will be updating that also. Can't wait...Should be fun. Hopefully they have a bar close so after hr's we can get to know the local talent.....:)grn

·
Flatties.......What else?
1,009 Posts
congrats guys! Sounds like a fantastic oportunity and something great for the community! Let me know if you need another trailer to haul things. I would be more than happy to lend a hand to the new business. Ryan.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
In my best Bling-bling voice.....RIIIIIGGGGGGGGGTTTTTTTTTT Chief.

You know what Dave...... I called the real estate gal and she turned me over to the real estate office owner Ron Minegar and I asked him just how cold the winters got and how hot the summers were. He told me that you & I should look into a heating & air conditioning guy that we can work with in town to get the building in shape for us just after she serves notice and has the current removed. Just so happened he has a brother (Pat Mineger of A-1 Heating & Air) that would be more then happy to trade out labor and parts for a new boat project he's going to be diving into. I say we do it that way were ahead of the game before winter. The spray booth is another concern for me. Using a house heater (gas) to heat the booth isn't exactly what OSHA would approve so that will need attention. And i'm still not sold on the Craftsman air compressor (5 gallon tank), Then again with the little paint that was going on at this place I guess it worked fine for him but I will be updating that also. Can't wait...Should be fun. Hopefully they have a bar close so after hr's we can get to know the local talent.....:)grn

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
congrats guys! Sounds like a fantastic oportunity and something great for the community! Let me know if you need another trailer to haul things. I would be more than happy to lend a hand to the new business. Ryan.
Thanks Ryan...Maybe when you have to take a trip with an empty enclosed trailer in a bit you can haul some stuff up for us. That would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
48 Posts
When i first went up to Idaho with my dad i automatically loved it. Can't wait to make the move and get out of California! Flat Ratty will love the new river. We will, however, need a truck to tow it up there. Anyone? Anyone at all?:)hand

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know what Dave...... I called the real estate gal and she turned me over to the real estate office owner Ron Minegar and I asked him just how cold the winters got and how hot the summers were. He told me that you & I should look into a heating & air conditioning guy that we can work with in town to get the building in shape for us just after they serve notice and have the current tenant removed. Just so happened he has a brother (Pat Mineger of A-1 Heating & Air) that would be more then happy to trade out labor and parts for a new boat project he's going to be diving into. I say we do it that way were ahead of the game before winter. The spray booth is another concern for me. Using a house heater (gas) to heat the booth isn't exactly what OSHA would approve so that will need attention. And i'm still not sold on the Craftsman air compressor (5 gallon tank), Then again with the little paint that was going on at this place I guess it worked fine for him but I will be updating that also. Can't wait...Should be fun. Hopefully they have a bar close so after hr's we can get to know the local talent.....:)grn
Sounds good! Had another thought...when winter hits and we get a little snowfall...might be a good Idea to get hold of one of those rhinos/mules to move boats around in the parking lot. I was told that another one of the Minegar brothers had the largest motorcycle/atv dealership in the area, probably should talk to him about that...IN FACT...sounds like we better get to know these Minegar guys, sounds like they ARE some heavy hitters in the area!...Also...on the local talent front and bars...got a guy I know that is the General Manager of the Budweiser wholesaler up there, guess I better get a call into him in the morning...

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Coolest member online...

When i first went up to Idaho with my dad i automatically loved it. Can't wait to make the move and get out of California! Flat Ratty will love the new river. We will, however, need a truck to tow it up there. Anyone? Anyone at all?:)hand
You are more than welcome to use my wife's truck anytime, little buckaroo.

Just don't forget, the left peddle slows the thing down.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I see a convertible in the picture. Nothing says gay more than two guys cruising around in a convertible with the top down:)gay:(:D:)hand

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
she drives a chevy right??
and??

What do you drive genius?

Not a big secret, I have posted about that truck's problems here several times.

She bought way before I was around BTW.

Still a good truck, everyone knows, even a dead Chevy is better than any Ford. At least the Chevy can be fixed.

Brian

·
Registered
19,839 Posts
Ive been in contact with Ron minegar are realtor there in boise,so your gonna have to put up with MoUzEr and family there!!!!!:)handNow i hope billy and dave dont change there mind...soon to follow..wayne,mr king,jerry,demonzta and so on....

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
There must have been a herd of Horses and bulls that came through this thread cause all i see left is a bunch of Bullsheit and Horse sheit!
If there is any validity to any of this Horse-n-bull?...im kinda bumbed, woulda rather made a treck to needles,rather Idaho!

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
You even have to ask? You forget the crowd we are running with?

There must have been a herd of Horses and bulls that came through this thread cause all i see left is a bunch of Bullsheit and Horse sheit!
If there is any validity to any of this Horse-n-bull?...im kinda bumbed, woulda rather made a treck to needles,rather Idaho!

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
You guys would be a great asset to the area. From what I've heard, that place has been lacking any real talent for quite a while.:)devil

1 - 20 of 61 Posts