Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! I am rebuilding a 460 for my 21' Kona......got the block and all covers painted up real nice along with all the alluminum polished up and looking good...i just cannot pull myself to reuse all the old rusted up hodge podge of mismatched bolts and washers that were removed during tear down...my question is,,,where can I buy a full marine bolt kit for my motor??? One that comes with all the right sizes for timing chain / water pump delete cover,, intake,, oil pan, etc, etc.....I have found a few different bolt kits on summit and jegs and such,, but no marine kits....I don't mind spending the outrageous price there asking as long as they were all the right sizes and I wouldn't be wasting half the bolt kit because there meant for a car.......I'm praying someone out there can point me in the right direction asap cause summers coming quick.......any and all help would be greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use ARP Stainless on my Sanger. They have a high strength stainless unlike anything you can buy in a hardware store. They are 12 point, polished, and a little pricey but well worth it! They will compliment all the polishing and chrome work you've done. I think you can get them through Summit or directly from ARP also if I'm not mistaken.

·
Some guy
3,673 Posts
Help!! I am rebuilding a 460 for my 21' Kona......got the block and all covers painted up real nice along with all the alluminum polished up and looking good...i just cannot pull myself to reuse all the old rusted up hodge podge of mismatched bolts and washers that were removed during tear down...my question is,,,where can I buy a full marine bolt kit for my motor??? One that comes with all the right sizes for timing chain / water pump delete cover,, intake,, oil pan, etc, etc.....I have found a few different bolt kits on summit and jegs and such,, but no marine kits....I don't mind spending the outrageous price there asking as long as they were all the right sizes and I wouldn't be wasting half the bolt kit because there meant for a car.......I'm praying someone out there can point me in the right direction asap cause summers coming quick.......any and all help would be greatly appreciated......
Look again at the cost of a Summit brand stainless steel bolt kit. Their BBC kit is so reasonable even if some will not fit it's much cheaper than just buying them from loose hardware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts